Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xenophilius Lovegood

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat

Xeno is an extremely interesting character . As the books suggest he is probably very Luna -like . the publisher of the quibbler would have to be odd , right ?

Xeno seems to love his daughter a lot . he was willing to let his enemies get to harry just to save his own daughter. maybe he felt she is the only thing left for him after his wive's death.

this brings up a very intaresting point. his wife .
    there can be two sides to the argument ,

one - > she was exactly his opposite and was attracted to him for certain queer reasons (opposites attract , and anyway , who knows who you might fall in love with, after all? ) and a marriage needs a twist to it , to prevent it from following a monotonous routine.

two - > she and Xeno were quite similar and married because of their perfect understanding of each other . after all, who can live with a person who thinks very differently from you for years on an end ??

how much ever i may try, both these ideas appeal to me equally , so i can't say which is more likely .
    ~ manu ~

*currently on a looong hiatus*

manu & maria : the Twin Toaster Duo
    manu & nicole : the Faraway Twin Duo

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    I really had to search to find this one!
    Hmm. I've been thinking on Xeno a lot as he's a fairly big character in my WIP.
    Personally I have him in Gryffindor; he's really brave, being so outspoken about opinions that everyone else thinks are mad. I think he was reconstructing the diadem because Luna is in Ravenclaw and because he has a fascination with mysterious, lost things (just look at his Quest!).

I always thought, ever since I read DH at is, that maybe, the spell that killed Luna's mother may have done something to Xeno's looks. He has white hair and his eye's are cross-eyed.
    I thought the same thing--maybe he was there when the spell backfired, and he got the edge of it whereas she bore the brunt. I see Mrs. Lovegood as clever, inquisitive, creative and definitely impulsive.

What I was actually wondering was if anyone had any ideas on his family history, for example, what's his blood status? What was his family life like? etc. I have an Uncle Angus in the middle of nowhere in Ireland but no more about his family (sadly.) I really do need to think more about families besides my main character's.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Hmm, this brings up an interesting point. So may people assume that just because Luna is Ravenclaw, all the Lovegoods are. It's certainly a possibility, but other possibilities need to be considered.

Xenophilius Lovegood: I could see him as a Ravenclaw, with his work on the Quibbler. I'm not so sure about to place him in the house of Gryffindor. He was out of his mind in fear when Luna was taken from him. Luna has showed Gryffindor though her own bravery, But I just don't think Xenophilius Lovegood would be in Gryffindor. I could see him as being a Hufflepufff if he were not in Ravenclaw

And for Mrs. Lovegood, I am adimant about her mother being a Ravenclaw. All we know about her if that she was very talented when it comes to creating spells. Slytherin would also be a posibility as well.

Speaking of which, what do you think an apporiate name for Luna's mother? I was thinking maybe Soleil, but I don't know. What do you have for ideas?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    Well, I'm giving away the romance in my WIP by saying it, but I've named her Pandora.
    And yeah, Luna's mom is definitely very Ravenclaw-ish. After all, she was a 'quite brilliant witch' who died in the pursuit of knowledge.

As for Xeno being in Gryffindor, well, I considered Hufflepuff but I finally decided that I liked him better as a Gryffindor because of the reason I stated earlier. Besides, you can argue the fear thing but Wormtail was also a Gryffindor. At least Xeno called in the Death Eaters in defense of his daughter. And look at how outspoken he was about supporting Harry from OotP all the way up to DH--he only stopped when his beloved daughter was threatened. In fact, Xeno's bravery in expressing unpopular opinions really helped Harry turn his reputation around. Now the decision to call in the Death Eaters was not very nice of Xeno, but seriously, Luna's all he has left. If there's the least possibility he can help her, well, isn't he going to take it? (At least, I'm pretty sure that's why he did it. The details have slipped from my mind, somewhat).

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    I have a questions. Do we know the exact year of Xenophilius' birth, or do we have a general idea of how old he might be?

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Finest Firewhisky
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    I have a questions. Do we know the exact year of Xenophilius' birth, or do we have a general idea of how old he might be?
    The exact date isn't mentioned as far as I can recall, but he is referred to as "old Xeno Lovegood" at one point, so he must be getting on a bit. Given the age of his daughter, I would put him at about 60 or so at the time of Deathly Hallows.

Regarding his house, I think the biggest evidence that he was a Ravenclaw is that he was working on bust of Ravenclaw and trying to rebuild her diadem, he seems quite enthralled by her.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Do you see him as being older than Arthur Weasley? And do you see Mrs. Lovegood as being around the same age?

Brand New Story!

Finest Firewhisky
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Do you see him as being older than Arthur Weasley? And do you see Mrs. Lovegood as being around the same age?
    Yes, I think he's definately older than Arthur. It would make sense for Mrs. Lovegood to be about the same age as Xeno, but it would be plausible to have her a bit younger. I seem to remember JK talking about James Potter (Snr)'s parents having him late in life, and pampering their only child to a certain extent. That's the kind of relationship I see Luna having with her parents. (I'm not implying she's spoiled or anything).

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Yeah, I can see that, maybe the two of them being in their fourties when they had Luna, and then Xenophilius could still be nearing his sixties at the time of DH.

Brand New Story!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck

Xeno

Personally, I see Lovegood as an old man (like 65) getting involved with a young woman. Well, not young, but you get my point. Younger. I agree with Finest Firewhiskey on the Ravenclaw thing.