Thread: Nagini and Boggarts

Hybrid View

Dark_Lady_Z

Nagini and Boggarts

Hi everybody! I've got a question. How did Voldemort aquire Nagini? It's been bothering me a lot. I need to know. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Also, what happens if you are afraid of boggarts? What would the boggart change into?

Warning: Please use correct, full sentences and stay on-topic.

harrypotterfangirl21

Boggarts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lady_Z
    How did Voldemort aquire Nagini? It's been bothering me a lot. I need to know. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    From what I have read in the books, we were never told exactly when or where Voldemort got Nagini, so if you're writing a fic on this, I think you have a lot of creative license here... my personal opinion is that he got her in Albania while looking for the diadem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lady_Z
    Also, what happens if you are afraid of boggarts? What would the boggart change into?
    I don't think you can be afriad of an actual boggart, just of what it will turn into. Since a boggart turns into your worst fear when you come into contact with it, I think that everyone is a bit afraid of them because of what they see when it transforms.

I do have a question about Boggarts, however: After the third book, Harry never sees a Boggart again. However, he has seemed to overcome his fear of Dementors because he can use a Patronus Charm against them. So if Harry saw a Boggart after the third book, would it no longer take the form of a Dementor???

megan_lupin
    Hi everybody! I've got a question. How did Voldemort aquire Nagini? It's been bothering me a lot. I need to know. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    Well, there's nothing known for a fact about how he came to be in possession of Nagini. The first (and earliest) time that we see the two together is in the beginning chapter of GoF, and nothing previous to that time hints that he was in possession of a giant snake ... Although, after that time, we rarely see Voldemort with his Death Eaters and *not* with Nagini.

What I would go for is that he acquired her in Albania, perhaps. We know it was in Albania that Peter found Voldemort, and we also know that it was there that Peter ran into Bertha Jorkins and brought her to Voldemort, where her memories were retrieved and she was, to use the Dark Lord's words, "disposed of."

So, with Nagini, you could really have him find her at any time. He could have found her anywhere from Halloween of 1981 up to his time with Quirrel, and then reuniting with her after he fled after Harry's first year. Or, you could have him not discover Nagini until around the beginning time of GoF, when we first meet her ourselves.

As for *how*, really anything can go at that point. He's a majorly Dark Wizard who has the capability to talk to snakes ... a giant serpent that he happens to come across would make a nice familiar, wouldn't you say?

I don't know if you could technically be afraid of a boggart in and of itself, to be honest. What makes a person fear a boggart is that the boggart IS the person's fear. It assumes such a form, really, so it's not as if a person is fearing the boggart; they're fearing whatever the boggart represents.

Besides, the actual form of a boggart is unknown ... therefore, how would people get to a point that they could fear them? They have nothing to go by in terms of a visual of something to fear -- and a Boggart needs that visual something to represent.

So, I don't think it's possible for a person to fear a boggart, really. They fear what a boggart represents, in my opinion.

~Megan

Dark_Lady_Z
    Thanks megan lupin! Your nagini answer helped alot, and the boggart question was great too. I thought if you were afraid of boggarts they would explode. . If anyone else who like to post your more than welcome! ()_)()_)()_)()_)()_)()_)()_)()_)