Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Draco Malfoy

gemini282
    I have a question or two.

1. In my new fic, Draco has a sister who ran away from home and then was sorted into Gryffindor. Would Draco still treat her like his sister or would he treat her like the rest of the Gryffindors?
    2. If they were to become close again, would he get along with her friends (Ginny, Harry, Ron, and Hermione).

~Alex

Madame Marauder
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini282
    I have a question or two.

1. In my new fic, Draco has a sister who ran away from home and then was sorted into Gryffindor. Would Draco still treat her like his sister or would he treat her like the rest of the Gryffindors?
    2. If they were to become close again, would he get along with her friends (Ginny, Harry, Ron, and Hermione).

~Alex

1. I do NOT think that Draco would still treat her as a sister. I think he would see her as a bloodtraitor and treat her as he does all the Gryffindors. Maybe worse, considering the betrayal he may feel she has committed against him and his family. He's bigoted and loyal to his mummy and daddy. Not a good combination for the sister.
    2. If they did become close again, I doubt he would get along with Ginny, Harry, Ron and Hermione. He's too steeped in his parents' beliefs to change now. If your story is AU, however, you can take some liberties and have him try to be nice to them. I doubt that it would work; there's too much hatred on both sides. I sincerely doubt that Harry and Co. will accept an offer of friendship from Draco.

gemini282
    Okay, now going off of what Madame Marauder said, I want to see if anyone thinks this scenario is realistic for Draco.

His sister was abused so he helped her to run away, but never heard from her again. When he sees her again at Hogwarts, he is bitter, but after she tries to talk to him a few times the become close again. Then they both have to struggle with keeping their meetings secret since no one know his sister is a Malfoy and he is in Slytherin and she is in Gryffindor.

I hope you can follow that. I'm really just trying to make my fic work with scenes way in te future that I've already written. (And I was kind of rambling, since my mom keeps yelling at me to do my homework.)

~Alex

Mind Games
    When he sees her again at Hogwarts, he is bitter, but after she tries to talk to him a few times the become close again.
    The idea is plausible, but you'd need her to say something that would really change Draco's mind because, like Madame Marauder said, he would consider his sister a traitor. Maybe she has information that Draco wants? Maybe she knows a secret about their family? She can't just plead with Draco to get him to talk to her. She has to give him something he wants.

I'm assuming you're going to tell us more about Draco's sister's past in the story, like why she was abused and where she ran away to. Also, I would suggest posting in the plot help forum if you haven't already. Good luck!

Sly Severus
    Hmmm...Sorry, but I don't find the scenerio overly plausiable.

His sister was abused so he helped her to run away, but never heard from her again.
    The big thing here is the age of your characters. This must have happened before they started at Hogwarts and therefore they would be younger than eleven.

First of all, why is this girl being a abused if Draco isn't? It might make sense if she was older and she started to rebel against the family beliefs like Sirius and Andromeda, but at such a young age she wouldn't understand well enough to do that. I can't think of anything else she could do that would really turn her father against her and I doubt there's anything she could do that would cause Narcissa to turn away from her.

Also, how can Draco help her disappear? They are both young children, neither would be able to practice magic. I just don't see how they could sneak past the Malfoys without being caught or found later.

When he sees her again at Hogwarts, he is bitter, but after she tries to talk to him a few times the become close again.
    It would take a lot for Draco to forgive that kind of betrayl. I think it would take a lot more than pleading or bribery, which Mind Games suggested.

Draco does not normally go out of his way to help anyone. If he did and that person abandoned him, it would hurt him very deeply. Forgiveness or even civility would not come easy in this situation.

Then they both have to struggle with keeping their meetings secret since no one know his sister is a Malfoy and he is in Slytherin and she is in Gryffindor.
    Well, unless this is AU, I think keeping these meetings a secret would be pretty much impossible. Harry and Draco keep a close eye on each other. If Draco was sneaking off Harry would know about it. Even if they were meeting at night, the trio is likley to notice his sister sneaking out of their dorm. They're curiosity would not allow them to ignore it. So I would say because of the trio and their basic nosiness this would not be easy to keep quiet.

*sighs* I guess I'm kind of a downer here, but I really do like the idea of Draco having a long lost sister. Although, I don't believe that Narcissa, or even Lucius, would ever their child. I hope you find a way to work past this section because I think this could be a really great fic. Good Luck.

gemini282
    Oh my god, this is hard to get help for because there are so many details in my story. Let's give you guys more.

First of all, why is this girl being a abused if Draco isn't?
    His sister, her names Jen, was the unwanted child. My original idea was that Narcissa had had an affair with someone but didn't tell Lucius that until Jen was about a year old. Feedback on that would be greatly appreciated too.

Also, how can Draco help her disappear? They are both young children, neither would be able to practice magic. I just don't see how they could sneak past the Malfoys without being caught or found later

She doesn't disappear, she runs out the front door, literally, while Draco is distracting their parents. In the first chapter, you see her run across the yard and Lucius pointing his wand at her when a muggle gets in the way. Jen never stops running but Lucius is distracted long enough for her to run out of sight. I also figured since she is unwanted, Lucius never really cared to go after her.

It would take a lot for Draco to forgive that kind of betrayl.
    When younger, Draco and Jen were very close and were always there for each other whenever their father was angry. I have been picturing them to have a bond where Draco can't help but to forgive her, that sounds weird but I don't know.

Even if they were meeting at night, the trio is likley to notice his sister sneaking out of their dorm. They're curiosity would not allow them to ignore it.
    No one knows that Jen is Draco's sister and goes by Jennifer Smith. Even Jen herself doesn't remember, due to almost dying of starvation after running away, until a dream one night and she approaches Draco. Then she doesn't Ginny or the trio so they don't really wonder where she is going and she always makes up excuses.

I really appreciate all the help I'm getting and I also hope I can get past this part of the fic because the rest of it is pretty much already written in my head.

~Alex

Sly Severus
    Wow, what you just said changes a lot of what I wrote. It also makes your story sound even more interesting.

His sister, her names Jen, was the unwanted child. My original idea was that Narcissa had had an affair with someone but didn't tell Lucius that until Jen was about a year old. Feedback on that would be greatly appreciated too.
    This I love. It sounds very plausiable. I doubt the Malfoys are happily married and have always thought there were probably affairs there.

This would definitly account for Lucius' abusive streak. I can see him acting horribly in this situation. However, where is Narcissa in all of this? She would do everything in her power to protect her daughter. It is also likely that in this situation Lucius would become abusive towards her as well.

She doesn't disappear, she runs out the front door, literally, while Draco is distracting their parents. In the first chapter, you see her run across the yard and Lucius pointing his wand at her when a muggle gets in the way. Jen never stops running but Lucius is distracted long enough for her to run out of sight. I also figured since she is unwanted, Lucius never really cared to go after her.
    See I don't think either Lucius or Narcissa would let her run off never to look for her again. I think Lucius might see this as an opportunity to be rid of her forever, without Narcissa ever knowing and try to have the child killed.

Narcissa, on the other hand, would want to know that her daughter was safe. She would look for her in any way that she could. I don't believe that she would bring her back, to be hurt by Lucius, but she would want to make sure that she was okay.

I believe I read somewhere that Jen grew up in Muggle orpanage. I can almost see her being taken in by Andromeda before this ends. Narcissa would want her daughter to have a family. She can't be that family, but maybe her sister could. I think Andromeda would be more than willing to help her sister and would have an instant bond with her outcast niece.

When younger, Draco and Jen were very close and were always there for each other whenever their father was angry. I have been picturing them to have a bond where Draco can't help but to forgive her, that sounds weird but I don't know.
    This doesn't sound weird to me at all. This is how I look at the Black family. I believe that this is exactly the type of bond the Black sisters have.

Which gives me an idea. Usually when I try to bring Andromeda and Bella back together there a a major event. One of them despreatly needs the other and because of the bond they shared they can't turn away. You could do something similar to this to bring Draco and his sister back together. Something terrible could happen to one of them and the other is there to pick up the pieces, which eventually leads to the mending of their relationship.

No one knows that Jen is Draco's sister and goes by Jennifer Smith. Even Jen herself doesn't remember, due to almost dying of starvation after running away, until a dream one night and she approaches Draco. Then she doesn't Ginny or the trio so they don't really wonder where she is going and she always makes up excuses.
    I still think they would be naturally curious if they saw her acting weird. They don't seem good at minding their own business. However, I'm sure you could come up with a way for her to outsmart them. She is a Black, after all.

Oh yes, and I have a question. Why can't Jen remember her life at the Malfoys?

Anyway, I hope this post was more helpful than the last. I am now really looking forward to reading this.

gemini282
    Oh my god! I can't thank you enough for all of your help. Just reading through your post I have already added so many more twists and turns to the story in my mind, which is already complicated enough.

First to answer you question, I thought that when she ran away, Jen was outside by herself for quite a long time. Since she was so young that by the time someone found her all she could remember was what Draco called her, which was Jenny. Jennifer is actually her middle name and her real name is Alexandra (name's in progress). I think this is also the reason that the Malfoys can't find her. They are looking for Alexandra Malfoy when she is now Jen Smith.

Again, thank you for all your feedback. I'm so excited about this story.

~Alex

thegirllikeme
    Yes, I have a new plot bunny, but I have to get a few things straight with my char Draco. This will be the first thing I've written with Draco so I have a few questions.

Alright for my story--though this might change in tiny details--Draco is older and it's several years after Voldemort's downfall. During the war, he betrayed Voldemort and went to aid the Order, which -- since he was only serving Voldemort because he would have killed his family otherwise -- they accepted him after so otherwise doubt. Of course, not many of them ever trusted him, but he was a good ally in the war. Now that you know a bit of background, maybe you'll get my questions.

Do you think that Draco would ever become an Auror, if he really saw the error of his ways and began to hate Death Eaters?

Do you think that Draco would ever become protective or feel fatherly love for a child that was not his own? if that child was Harry's? (and if these feelings, of course, came in slow developement)

Vorona
    An Auror? I don't really see him as one. Helping the Order out is one thing, since one can reasonably expect he'd want revenge on Voldemort. But I don't think he'd have any kind of stance against Dark wizards in general, especially considering his family. It would mean turning against them, which is very different than turning against Voldemort on their behalf (even if Lucius ends up disowning him and ending up on the "wrong" side, Draco still knows V. would have killed him).

As for the child -- yes. He seems to have a very good relationship with his family, and I can see him having a good relationship with a child that wasn't his, provided you show *why* he would take it on in the first place. From what I understand, babies are notoriously charming, and people do bond with them pretty easily.

The trick will be getting him to take it up in the first place, and considering his and Harry's rocky past, that might prove too difficult, though him being on the Order's side does make that a little easier. Particularly if *cringes* Snape is evil in your story, and Draco's the one who gets him.

That is, if I'm understanding you right that he's actually *raising* a child that isn't his (i.e. adoption, etc.) and not an uncle-ish sort of thing (with the child living with Harry, for example).