Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 151

Thread: Draco Malfoy

  1. #131
    DarkAngel
    Guest

    Wondering

    Hey, so I was wondering, just what could Draco's patronus be? I couldn't find it in this forum, so...
    I know, JKR said that he didn't learn to conjure a patronus, but supposing he did, does anyone have a clue as to what it might be? How about a dragon? You know, it goes with his name and all and maybe he could think of it like a mighty guardian or something, right?

    I'm writing an AU romance fic and I was wondering...would Draco ever duel with his father to save the life of a girl he cares for? In my fic, Draco didn't become a death eater and he cares for the girl a lot, but will he fight his father for her? (Lucius kind of tries to kill her by the way) Of course, Draco doesn't kill his father, it's just a little duel to shake ol' Lucius up a bit!

  2. #132
    leahsm2
    Guest
    If you have Draco involved with the Order than he would have a Patronus and a Dragon sounds like a good choice. As far as Draco choosing love over family, I think it is possible, especially since you are disregarding a few of the books, and his father's treatment of him is often brutal.

  3. #133
    Inverarity
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leahsm2
    As far as Draco choosing love over family, I think it is possible, especially since you are disregarding a few of the books, and his father's treatment of him is often brutal.
    When is Lucius's treatment of Draco brutal? In the books, the most we ever see is him raising his voice and admonishing Draco not to touch something in Borgin & Burkes. (And conversely, we hear Draco bragging about how he'll make his father buy him a new broom.) The impression I always got was that he's a spoiled, pampered child whom Lucius and Narcissa both dote on.

    Even in the movies, the most "brutal" treatment we ever see is Lucius rapping Draco's knuckles with his cane.

  4. #134
    leahsm2
    Guest
    When is Lucius's treatment of Draco brutal? In the books, the most we ever see is him raising his voice and admonishing Draco not to touch something in Borgin & Burkes. (And conversely, we hear Draco bragging about how he'll make his father buy him a new broom.) The impression I always got was that he's a spoiled, pampered child whom Lucius and Narcissa both dote on.

    Even in the movies, the most "brutal" treatment we ever see is Lucius rapping Draco's knuckles with his cane.
    There are myriad examples, which unfortunately I don't have my books with me now, but
    basically anytime Draco has interaction with someone considered inferior or doesn't measure up to what is expected, his father's reacton is swift, and in my opinion, brutal.

    I understand the whole Lucius is physically abusive thing is overused, but Lucius as being callous when his only son and heir doesn't measure up to expectations is a reality of the dynamics of the characters.

    Even if, for argument's sake, we have a Draco that is merely overly pampered, that would in my opinion, give even more strength to the argument of Draco choosing love over family because he would have no tolerance for his desires being thwarted

  5. #135
    Inverarity
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leahsm2
    There are myriad examples, which unfortunately I don't have my books with me now, but basically anytime Draco has interaction with someone considered inferior or doesn't measure up to what is expected, his father's reacton is swift, and in my opinion, brutal.
    I'm sorry, but nothing I recall reading in the books comes close to matching what you are describing. I'd really like a specific example.

    I understand the whole Lucius is physically abusive thing is overused, but Lucius as being callous when his only son and heir doesn't measure up to expectations is a reality of the dynamics of the characters.
    Not in canon.

  6. #136
    leahsm2
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    I'm sorry, but nothing I recall reading in the books comes close to matching what you are describing. I'd really like a specific example.



    Not in canon.
    Fine, while attacking my opinions is alway a good time, do you have anything to add specifically to the question at hand? Sorry, but I'm not going back to my books to continue this spitting contest since that's not what this thread is for.

  7. #137
    Inverarity
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leahsm2
    Fine, while attacking my opinions is alway a good time, do you have anything to add specifically to the question at hand? Sorry, but I'm not going back to my books to continue this spitting contest since that's not what this thread is for.
    Well, you stated that his father treats him brutally as an argument to support the idea that he would be willing to duel his father. Since your statement isn't actually supported by canon, I thought I was addressing the question at hand by asking what you based it on. I never imagined this to be a spitting contest.

  8. #138
    leahsm2
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    Well, you stated that his father treats him brutally as an argument to support the idea that he would be willing to duel his father. Since your statement isn't actually supported by canon, I thought I was addressing the question at hand by asking what you based it on. I never imagined this to be a spitting contest.
    Sorry, apparently my wording is more charged than necessary. My point was that the questions being asked were being overshadowed, but I didn't say "brutally" I said "brutal"
    which is how I think it would have felt to Draco..

    Anyway, can't find the specific passage I meant, so have at it.

  9. #139
    Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    OliveOil_Med's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My fanfiction notebook broke!
    Posts
    1,547
    Hey, so I was wondering, just what could Draco's patronus be? I couldn't find it in this forum, so...
    Maybe what you could do is create an experience for him to create a Patronus charm.

    Brand New Story!

    Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

    My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

  10. #140
    moonys-muggle
    Guest

    Draco's patronus

    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Hey, so I was wondering, just what could Draco's patronus be? I couldn't find it in this forum, so...
    I have always thought a fox would be a good patronus for Draco. They are smart, sly and can be dangerous.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •