Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Draco Malfoy

XhayleeXblackX
    Okay, so I'm working on a fic and I'm wondering who Draco would have as his best man?

I'm thinking Goyle, but would there be any other options? How about a cousin on his father's side?

-Haylee

MabelJT
    Quote Originally Posted by XkayleeXblackX
    Okay, so I'm working on a fic and I'm wondering who Draco would have as his best man?

I'm thinking Goyle, but would there be any other options? How about a cousin on his father's side?
    It's hard for me to imagine Draco Malfoy in a wedding ceremony, even if he did marry Astoria Greengrass in the end.

Although he seems popular enough among the Slytherins, Jo didn't really give that much names of who he 'hanged' with, excuse the slang. Goyle would be an idea, but I recall reading how they had an argument that sounded to me like a spat during the last parts of Deathly Hallows where Goyle (or was it Crabbe, I'd have to grab my copy of DH later for reference) refuses to follow Draco's orders. Or something. I'll have to check later.

Maybe, Blaise Zabini would be an idea? Or even an OC 'cousin from his father's side' if you'd like.

I hope I was somewhat help. =)

MabelJT
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhi for HP
    Hi, I have a new question about Draco.

Currently I'm writing a Draco-centric story but am totally unsure where to go on the plot and can see two alternate paths branching ahead of me. The thing is, they involve two different Dracos, and both Dracos seem plausible to me. So right now in my uncertainty I'm sort of writing both at the same time, but it does not work at all. Ack!

My question: Draco has challenged Zabini to a wizard duel. Is he excited for the duel, do you think? Like, 'I'm going to prove myself!' and 'Right of passage!' and 'I'll teach him a lesson!'? Or do you think he would be nervous, well aware that if he loses he'll be the laughing stock of the school for quite a while? If he was nervous, do you think he would go so far as to call the duel off? Personally, I don't think he would, but I'd like your opinions! Right now I'm sort of writing that he's eager, yet very nervous....

Thanks!

~Rhiannon
    I'm thinking more along the lines of the second scenario. Except he DOES NOT, I repeat, he DOES NOT call off the duel. Calling off the duel would certainly cause as much damage to his reputation as losing the duel would, and Draco, being perfectly capable of thought, knows that.

I think he'd use a more Slytherin-ish way of avoiding the duel, or like someone mentioned, postponing it without looking like a coward. Maybe in your story, he would do something to attract Filch's attention, make sure that Filch would show up, giving them both detention before the duel starts, or something like that.

Maybe he'd 'boast' about the duel to one of his Slytherin pals. Something like, "I'll teach the git a lesson" and happen to 'slip' the time and place. He would be very cunning, making sure Filch overhears.

I hope it doesn't change your plot very much.

Good luck,

HermionesTwin_FromOz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhi for HP
    Hi, I have a new question about Draco.

Currently I'm writing a Draco-centric story but am totally unsure where to go on the plot and can see two alternate paths branching ahead of me. The thing is, they involve two different Dracos, and both Dracos seem plausible to me. So right now in my uncertainty I'm sort of writing both at the same time, but it does not work at all. Ack!

My question: Draco has challenged Zabini to a wizard duel. Is he excited for the duel, do you think? Like, 'I'm going to prove myself!' and 'Right of passage!' and 'I'll teach him a lesson!'? Or do you think he would be nervous, well aware that if he loses he'll be the laughing stock of the school for quite a while? If he was nervous, do you think he would go so far as to call the duel off? Personally, I don't think he would, but I'd like your opinions! Right now I'm sort of writing that he's eager, yet very nervous....

Thanks!

~Rhiannon
    I think that you need to take into account that Draco is a Slytherin to the very bone. I'm not sure he would actually want to duel him, more do a 'Midnight Duel' type-thing, as in PS/SS. You know, challenge him and try to get Zabini in trouble. That is, if it's at Hogwarts. Well, even if it's not, but anyway. He would be very cunning and would have a very good reason to duel someone -- that is, if he were planning to actually duel them at all. I think he would be very arrogant about his chances, more so if this is pre-DH. And no, Draco would not call it off. He is WAY too proud to do such a thing.

I don't think, if Draco lost, that he would be too ashamed by it either. He would probably curse anyone who dared mock him about it. Well, actually, he would be ashamed inside, but to everyone else he would probably try and appear totally unaffected.

Originally Posted by XkayleeXblackX

You could say Goyle, but then again, we do not know much about who Draco was in with and close with after the War. A cousin on his father's side is an interesting one, because then you have room with it being an OC. It is very hard to say, but an OC, whether it be a relation or close friend, would probably be a good option.

Hope this helped both of you!

~Caitlin of hermione4lif!

MC Kair

I think the idea of Blaise being the best man is a good one considering he wasn't on very good terms with Goyle in DH. Also, wouldn't Goyle's family be upset with the Malfoys for helping Harry in the end? I think Blaise would be a good choice because he wasn't involved with Voldemort so there would be no reason for him not to like Draco.

However, if you do want to make Goyle the best man, then you could say that they were both so shaken by the war that it didn't matter who helped who as they were all alive.

If you didn't want to use either of those you could use that cousin idea or new friend that Draco made after the war or maybe even a brother of his wife's that he had gotten really close with.

Hope that helped at least a little bit

-Maria

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Kair
    Also, wouldn't Goyle's family be upset with the Malfoys for helping Harry in the end?
    Not necessarily. Remember, for a Slytherin, their motivations are their own, not someone else's. Yes, the Malfoys and the Blacks believed in blood superiority, but if supporting the other side is the only way to survive, they'll flock to the other side, and I think the Goyles would understand that, assuming they understood any of it in the first place (both Goyle & Goyle Sr seem to be a bit on the dim side.)

XhayleeXblackX
    Okay, so I decided on using Goyle and a cousin on Lucius' side, Hyperion. I thought that somehow Draco would be close with him, or close enough, and respect him. Hence, the naming his son after him. Would this be plausable? Or out of Draco's character?

Thanks for all the help, everyone!

MC Kair
    Okay, I am writing a fanfic where Narcissa is brought to Grimmauld Place because Draco was there. She was hurt so Snape thought it would be best. However, they end up getting attacked by Death Eaters. How do you think Draco would react to Hermione saving his mother and getting slightly injured in the process?

I thought I should add that by this point they have been living together for a couple of weeks.

Any help would be appriciated.

-Maria

luna
    How do you think Draco would react to Hermione saving his mother and getting slightly injured in the process?
    If they're kind of friends, I think he'd secretly concerned, but have an odd way of showing it. If they are involved romantically at this stage, he'd definitely be pretty concerned. But if they're only friends/friendly he'd probably smirk and make some rude comment, but if they're alone he might show some more concern.
    Sorry, my thoughts are a bit scattered.
    Now, I have a question of my own, after the second war, would Draco go to Muggle College to restore the Malfoy name? His lawyer says its the only way he'll be able to live normally. Bla bla, bla.
    Any input appreciated.
    Lu

ashestoashes
    How do you think Draco would react to Hermione saving his mother and getting slightly injured in the process?
    You know, I think it really depends on when this event takes place chronologically. I think the end of HBP and DH really humbled Draco. At the end of the war, he seems incredibly shaken and not quite as high-and-mighty as he had once been.

That being said, Draco has been indoctrinated into muggle-hating pureblood mania ever since he was born. No matter how much he has changed as a character throughout the books and the imagined aftermath, I don't see a time when he would accept help from a muggleborn--especially Hermione--graciously.

He does love his mother, which was often referenced in canon, so I would imagine him being grateful to anyone who assisted her. Especially if it resulted in the saving of her life.

I would see this situation playing out in typical Draco fashion. Two of his basest impulses are coming into direct conflict here, the desire to protect his family and his extreme distaste for muggleborns. He would probably approach it by awkwardly thanking her, but also slipping in a sneer, a smirk, or a 'mudblood.'

After the second war, would Draco go to Muggle College to restore the Malfoy name? His lawyer says its the only way he'll be able to live normally.
    This is a conflict I've been working on in one of my own fics, and the conclusion I've come to is that it's difficult to say what Draco would do post DH. They show a very one-sided characterization of him in the books, mostly depicting his arrogant, shallow side. A few times during HBP and less so in DH he shows that he does have another side, but it isn't explored at length.

At the end of the second war it seems to be left rather open ended, Draco and his parents are sitting off to the side looking out-of-place while the victors celebrate and the defeated flee. The fact that they don't flee with the other Death Eaters does speak volumes to me about their potential post-Voldemort.

Basically I see the possibilities for Draco's charater post-DH as pretty flexible. I don't think he'll be declaring his devotion for muggle rights anytime soon, but I don't see University to be out of the question if it's made clear that it's being done for the reccesitation of the family name.

Okay, so now that I've rambled endlessly on that subject, I have a question of my own.

I'm working on a D/G fic and I'm wondering if anyone has ideas about how to develop Draco's softer, more open side without turning him into an OOC sap. I want to retain the personality that makes him so uniquely Draco, but I don't want to be boxed in by having him be such a prat all the time.

Any ideas would be helpful.