Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: James Potter

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I agree with Lea here. I honestly don't think Lily would slap him and although her words might make him act a bit more responsibly for a day or two - that would be all.

For him to be 'dead inside' for eight months or so, merely because she told him off in front of the school would be OOC. If you need a reason for him to be miserable then it would have to be something cataclysmic like the death of someone close to him. Lily's scorn, to be honest, would be like water off a duck's back.

Carole
    xxx

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagen
    I was wondering,
    [B]Do you think it would be OOC if James didn't talk to Lily for seven or eight months, because she told him off in front of the whole school and slapped him?
    Yes. It would be OOC for James, it would be OOC for 95% of teenage boys.

And do you think that he would be like dead inside (like not dead, but zombie like?) and not pull any pranks?
    No.

Boys don't react like that.*

(* This is a broad generalization, and like all broad generalizations, it's not 100% true -- I'm sure there are boys who would react like that.** But not James.)

(** I am also not implying that girls typically do react like that. But you seem to be taking a stereotypically feminine reaction, greatly exaggerating it, and trying to apply it to a boy who we know from canon is an arrogant, persistent git, not an emotionally fragile basket-case who's going to have a meltdown because the girl he fancies tells him off. Heck, James would probably just fall more in love with Lily after she slaps him.)

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

If James got some girl pregnant by accident what do you think that he would do? I'm writting a fic where that happens and I don't know how to write his reaction to the news.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Sleepover In The Great Hall!
    If James got some girl pregnant by accident, what would he do?

I would love to be there when he finds out.

Okay, I think we could approach the situation from two perspectives:

(a) This is the James we all know: the "arrogant bullying toe rag" who notices only Lily.

I suppose he would freak out and be scared of the possibility that Lily might find out and reject him forever. He would be in denial and he might even avoid the girl for some time. But I think he would ultimately come back to her in the end. I just don't see him as the type to shirk off a responsibility this huge.

(b) This is a James who is not so obsessed with Lily and is ready to like another girl.

Okay. He might still freak out a little but I dont' think he would be caring much for Lily's reaction in this case. Of course, he would be there at the girl's side. James, I think, is a good person in spite of his arrogance.

But, all in all, it depends on how old your James is. If he has passed out from Hogwarts and is an adult, I think he would be simply overjoyed. Hope this helped.
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

Sixth Year Gryffindor

Thanks, that did help.

But what if he got Lily pregnant because they were dirinking to much and they weren't even together? He would be 20.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hmmm,

Well, it would give them a reason to be together and get married, so I guess he'd be overjoyed.

The trouble is, I can't see Lily and him getting wildly drunk together and ending up in bed. They were together (according to Remus and Sirius) in year seven, so ... if they'd split and then got back together for one night due to alcohol then I guess that's a possible scenario.

By the way, James is twenty in March 1980 and Harry is born in July 1980, so James would have to be a year younger to get Lily pregnant (it's October 1979 when she gets pg)

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Sixth Year Gryffindor

Ooh, so he's 19. In my story it's AU and they didn't get together in 7th year.

A.H.
    Excuse me for kicking the dead horse, but I picked up DH the other day (flipped it open to a random page and began reading, waiting for my stupid computer to un-freeze ) and, seeing the earlier dispute about James' glasses, figured I'd quote for more insight.

Quote Originally Posted by DH, American edition, Ch. 17, Bathilda's Secret, pg. 343
    [...] the tall black-haired man in his glasses, [...]
    *Note: T'is the flashback when good ole' Voldy is going to the Potter's to kill them. He describes James whilst looking through the window.

*pets poor horse* Sorry buddy. :[

-Ari-
    (who doesn't have an opinion on his glasses either way, just wanted to provide more canon )

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Sleepover In The Great Hall!
    Quote Originally Posted by ron lover
    Ooh, so he's 19. In my story it's AU and they didn't get together in 7th year.
    Oh, if it's AU, then I think you could play around a little.

So, they didn't get together in 7th year. Hmmm...and they got drunk and the result was an unplanned pregnancy...

It really depends on how you have portrayed James. Is he the fun-loving, pompous, loyal and generous James of canon and fanon? Or, have you given him a different personality- like, he would still be fun-loving, pompous, loyal and generous, but he is also a little dark and serious?

If it's the first one, then I can imagine Lily and him freaking out together and, perhaps, avoiding each other for a while. James would regret the whole thing, he would like to think that it was entirely his fault, he would apologize to her endlessly and maybe even propose to make up.

If it's the second, maybe he and Lily would be estranged for a while. He would still regret it, but he might not be ready to take the blame entirely.

Or am I getting carried away?
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

MarauderWannabe

Believable?

In my fic, I plan on having Lily and James kiss on accident. Lily pretends that it didn't happen in the chapter after it. Would it be OOC to have James go along with it? To continue to act normally around Lily, as though it had never happened?

Any insight/advice would be greatly appreciated!