Thread: Refusing to enroll in Hogwarts

Hybrid View

Third Year Slytherin
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

Refusing to enroll in Hogwarts

Imagine a Muggle-born. Muggle-borns have absolutely no idea that magic exists, and I remember seeing an old thread from last year (or even older) where the general consensus was that a Hogwarts teacher would deliver the letter personally to the Muggle-born and explain everything.

However, what do you think happens when someone refuses to attend Hogwarts? I mean, the Muggle-born sends an owl back to Hogwarts saying that they don't want to attend Hogwarts, but do you think they even get an answer? Do they get a second visit in order to be convinced ... ?

What do you think?

Fifth Year Slytherin
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    That's actually something that I've wondered about Myself. I have a few ideas, but of course, they're just speculations.

As the Muggle-borns are only eleven years old, I think that the decisions would most liely be the parents. Of course, if the child is dead set against going, then they might not. But kids have always liked magic, so I can't particularly imagine a kid not wanting to go to Hogwarts.

If they did refuse, the Headmaster would probably come himself to visit them. He would probably try to convince the family that it was best for the child to go to Hogwarts. If they still refused, well, he couldn't do much about it.

I do think that if they refused, the MOM would keep a careful watch on them until they could control their magic. Any accident might endanger the Statue of Secrecy.

-Georgia
    Georgia Duels!Georgia Drabbles!Georgia writes poetry!

completely Squeeable banner by Poojah. Isn't it amazing? Avvie by the amazing Julia/the opaleye

Third Year Slytherin
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Thank you for your reply!

I just realized that there is already a topic, in the Filing Cabinet, addressing the same issue, here: http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/foru...ogwarts-Letter.

Mods, please feel free to block/delete this