Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Judging Sign-Ups

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Snape Hates Me
    Do you fully understand the rules and commitment required to be QSQ judge? yes
    How many committees would you be prepared to sit on? I managed four last year, but I'd rather not do quite that many unless it's absolutely necessary, so three. If I'm wanted to lead something, then no more than two, please.
    Are there any categories you are particularly keen to judge? poetry, NCR and SSP
    Are there any categories you would not be happy to judge? I'd rather not do OC or humour, but I'm willing to be flexible if you're short of people.
    Would you be prepared to lead a committee if necessary? Only if absolutely necessary (see below)
    Can you think of any potential problems/issues that would affect your ability to judge? I'm going away on holiday a couple of times during the judging period, but I think I'll have wifi. I'll keep committee leaders updated on that and it shouldn't affect my work-rate. However, I'll also be moving to London in early September for uni, and I'm not so sure how that's going to affect me. This will probably make it harder for me to fulfil the requirements, which is why I'd rather not take on the stress of leading a committee unless absolutely necessary, but I think I'll be okay.
    Avvie by majestic_ginny/Nadia. Banner by clabbert2102/Bella. Thank you both!

I write, I drabble, duel, beta and draw,
    I am a Hufflepuff to the core!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Do you fully understand the rules and commitment required to be QSQ judge? Yep
    How many committees would you be prepared to sit on? As many as needed
    Are there any categories you are particularly keen to judge? Marauder, Next Gen, but I'm happy with pretty much anything
    Are there any categories you would not be happy to judge? I don't think I'd be the best person for poetry, but if I was needed to, I would be happy to help judge.
    Would you be prepared to lead a committee if necessary? If I'm needed to, I'd be more than happy.
    Can you think of any potential problems/issues that would affect your ability to judge? School in September, but that won't be a problem.

~Abi~

This gorgeous banner is by TM_WandStick/Toni =)
    JOIN THE SBBC!
    ON HIATUS

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Do you fully understand the rules and commitment required to be QSQ judge? Yes
    How many committees would you be prepared to sit on? 3
    Are there any categories you are particularly keen to judge? NCR, NG, PH
    Are there any categories you would not be happy to judge? SSP
    Would you be prepared to lead a committee if necessary? I have led a committee before, so I would be happy to do it again.
    Can you think of any potential problems/issues that would affect your ability to judge? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Maple_and_PheonixFeather; 07-24-2013 at 03:15 AM.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Do you fully understand the rules and commitment required to be QSQ judge? Yes.
    How many committees would you be prepared to sit on? One or two.
    Are there any categories you are particularly keen to judge? General, CR, SSP
    Are there any categories you would not be happy to judge? NCR, Next Gen
    Would you be prepared to lead a committee if necessary? No.
    Can you think of any potential problems/issues that would affect your ability to judge? I may have somewhat restricted internet access in July and the first third of August. Also, school...but I should still have time for judging up to 2 categories.

-on an extended hiatus (though may resurface with a poem or two occasionally)-
    Writing*Poeting*Dueling*Excerpting*Drabbling

Banner by Julia and entertaining avvie designed by minnabird and inspired by an unsuspecting Wren...

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Do you fully understand the rules and commitment required to be QSQ judge? Yes Maam!
    How many committees would you be prepared to sit on? Two definitely. I'd be willing to do a third if one of them is a fairly small category. But anything more I don't feel I'd be able to handle properly.
    Are there any categories you are particularly keen to judge? Nope!
    Are there any categories you would not be happy to judge? Anything I'm nom'd in - I think that's General and OC.
    Would you be prepared to lead a committee if necessary? Yes
    Can you think of any potential problems/issues that would affect your ability to judge? I won't be around from the 5th to 9th August and the first week of September. Other than that, I can't think of anything.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Do you fully understand the rules and commitment required to be QSQ judge? yes
    How many committees would you be prepared to sit on? one or two (if both are not huge categories)
    Are there any categories you are particularly keen to judge? I enjoyed d/a last year
    Are there any categories you would not be happy to judge? poetry, SSP
    Would you be prepared to lead a committee if necessary? I've not done it before, but if you were stuck for a leader, I would be willing to help out. If you have plenty of leaders, I'm content to just be on a panel.
    Can you think of any potential problems/issues that would affect your ability to judge? no
    Lovely banner by Minna

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Why Are We Looking for Trevor Right now?
    Do you fully understand the rules and commitment required to be QSQ judge?
    Yes, I've done it before.

How many committees would you be prepared to sit on?
    2-3

Are there any categories you are particularly keen to judge?
    I'm pretty open excepting what I list in the following question.

Are there any categories you would not be happy to judge?
    AU, and Poetry. I'm not a good judge of AU because I don't really enjoy reading it. And I'm a horrible judge of poetry.

Would you be prepared to lead a committee if necessary? (This means assigning committee members stories to read, leading discussions and chasing people up to post their comments/votes. You must have participated in QSQ judging in a previous year to lead a committee)
    Probably not the best of ideas... But if you're desperate...

Can you think of any potential problems/issues that would affect your ability to judge?
    I have my Paramedic State Exam on August 15th. Other than that, I should be free, and I have the mobility to read fics and keep up with threads on my iPad now. So I should be good to go!

-Ash
    Probably on Permanant Hiatus

Banner links to my new story Pictures in the Life of a Werewolf! Feel free to read and review!

Banner by the Amazing Nadia/majestic_ginny

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls
    Do you fully understand the rules and commitment required to be QSQ judge? Yes
    How many committees would you be prepared to sit on? One or two. But preferably just one.
    Are there any categories you are particularly keen to judge? General, AU, SSP, NCR
    Are there any categories you would not be happy to judge? I'm rubbish at Poetry.
    Would you be prepared to lead a committee if necessary? Sorry, but no. Not this time.
    Can you think of any potential problems/issues that would affect your ability to judge? Well, I will be busy. Quite busy. But I'll be around. I'm not going anywhere.
    nicole

lovely banner by minnabird | icon by etherealnetwork @ lj
    fics

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Do you fully understand the rules and commitment required to be a QSQ judge? yes
    How many committees would you be prepared to sit on? just the one
    Are there any categories you are particularly keen to judge? no
    Are there any categories you would not be happy to judge? AU and poetry (though I'd do AU if you needed it)
    Would you be prepared to lead a committee if necessary? no
    Can you think of any potential problems/issues that would affect your ability to judge? Being a new mom and going back to work in September is why I limited myself to the one committee, but if I know I have only x number of stories to read, I'll be able to do the work judging requires.
    noblefate: writes ~ betas ~ drabbles ~ duels ~ is a proud Turnip! ~ is an Ebil Minion

wonderful banner by minnabird