Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nymphadora Tonks

Madame Marauder
    You can safely come up with a date. Mugglenet nor Lexicon lists a date. I say go for it.

MorganRay

birth

The Lexicon says around 1973, so give or take a year, that's about the time I would place her birth. Day? Nothing, so if you want her to be born at a specific time of year or with a specific astrological sign, you're free to create what you wish.

Sam
    I know this question is kind of odd, but if Tonks married Remus, would they still call her Tonks? I mean, her name will be Nymphadora Lupin, right?

Madame Marauder
    He calls her Nymphadora in canon. Personally, I think she secretly likes it. Therefore, I think he'd keep calling her Nymphadora and Tonks interchangably.

miss padfoot
    Her name would be Nymphadora Lupin, yes, but I don't think she would like to drop off "Tonks" that very easily. IMO, she's quite attached to her surname, so it might be hard for her to become Mrs. Lupin (that's a weird name for Tonks ) all of a sudden. Plus, Tonks' kinda famous in the wizarding world, and everyone knows her by her maiden name, so like Hollywood actresses do, she might just continue with Tonks, and I'm sure Remus wouldn't insist on her changing her name.

nuw255
    Tonks doesn't have a middle name that we know of, so maybe she would take her maiden name as a middle name when she got married and then just go by her middle name. I don't think this would be too terribly strange, since it was once pretty common for parents to only give their boys middle names, so that the girls could take their maiden name as a middle name when they got married. [/two bits]

Theatregirl
    I'm under the impression that people would still call her Tonks. Hate to be cliche but - Old habits die hard.

Pafoo
    AHA! finally, J-Ro said what house Tonks was in.

Hufflepuff. Go figure. Anyways, just a random thing for anyone writing Tonks.

Emery

cmwinters
    Wow, Padfoo, you're right - do you happen to know when that happened? Because I don't recall having seen it before and I didn't personally envision her as a Hufflepuff. For some reason I thought she was a Ravenclaw.

Vorona
    If anyone had asked, I would have thought Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, because she didn't seem like a Ravenclaw to me, and she's obviously not Slytherin...

And I agree that just because Lupin gets away with calling her Nymphadora, I doubt she'd let many others do that. I bet she'd find a way to keep the Tonks, either as a nickname or as a hyphenated name (though I don't know if they do that in the wizarding world).