Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nymphadora Tonks

Konrad
    I wonder, if Tonks would end up being a ghost, would she be able to alter her exterior as well, she being a Metamorphmagus and all?

crazy_purple_hp_freak
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad
    I wonder, if Tonks would end up being a ghost, would she be able to alter her exterior as well, she being a Metamorphmagus and all?
    Completely my own opinion, but I would say so, yes. We don't know a lot about metamorphosing, only that a metamorphmagus like Tonks can, if she concentrates, change her appearance at will. I don't think that this situation would change if shewere to ever beocme a ghost; she would just then start changing into pearly white transparent things instead!

On a different note, I don't think that Tonks becoming a ghost is very likely. Her character is very lively, and she is a brave person. From what we see of ghosts, most felt some sort of misery during their lives, felt that they still had something to do on Earch, or were too afraid to 'go on'. Doesn't sound like Tonks to me...

Just my two cents

miss padfoot
    Well, I'd say no. A ghost, is just an echo of you after you die and so the ghost wouldn't really carry on your abilities. As a ghost, your true form is destroyed. You just exist in smoke-form and you can't really perform magic, I guess. We've seen ghosts playing head-hockey, but that is kind of different from being able to do magic and metamorphise.

I believe your ability to do magic dies with you and even if you re-appear in the magical world as a ghost, you're like neither here nor there like Nick says in OotP. So, you just continue to 'live' without your actual capabilities.

Having said that, if you look at Tonks, I'd say the odds on her becoming a ghost are like 40-60. Though she is a happy person and someone who doesn't brood, or pretty easygoing in general, people who become ghosts are those who do not want to die. They're so attached to the world they live that it's hard for them to go beyond the Veil into the 'other world'. So they're just sort of stuck up in the middle. Also Nick says in OotP that people who become ghosts are the ones who choose to remain behind. And I have a feeling that Tonks would choose to remain behind because of Remus.

She loves him dearly and accepts him for what he is, and if she's going to die young, I think she would at least consider coming back. So, she might, for all we know, come back as a ghost.

5 points to Hufflepuff

nysuperstarz
    Thats an interesting queston, first of all I dont think that Tonks would choose to become a ghost, as JKR said we would find out more about that in the future. She doesent seem like the type to be afraid of death, she is an Auror, so she's up against life threating situations on a day to day basis.

To answer your question I would have to saty its a possibility because Tonks doesent really know her true hair color or matbe even her true apperance because she changes it so often. She changes her physical features so often that its possible that she would be able to do that as a ghost if she were to become one. I dont think her ghost form would be able to chose what form to choose so she might be able to change forms.

Third Year Slytherin
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Quote Originally Posted by nysuperstarz
    Thats an interesting queston, first of all I dont think that Tonks would choose to become a ghost, as JKR said we would find out more about that in the future. She doesent seem like the type to be afraid of death, she is an Auror, so she's up against life threating situations on a day to day basis.

To answer your question I would have to saty its a possibility because Tonks doesent really know her true hair color or matbe even her true apperance because she changes it so often. She changes her physical features so often that its possible that she would be able to do that as a ghost if she were to become one. I dont think her ghost form would be able to chose what form to choose so she might be able to change forms.
    Yes, but then again, if Nearly Headless Nick could change himself he would probably have his head removed by now.. I believe that when you become a ghost you take the form you had when you died. Therefore I think that Tonks would be stuck in the form she had last. Also, I can't envision ghosts having any color (I'm stuck in the "Ghosts have to be black-and-white" mode), so I don't think that the color of her hair would vary much even if she did still have her power.

Just my opinion,
    - Jacie the Cat
    Goodbye, everyone.
    Thanks for the memories.

Pheonix song
    What house do you guys think Tonks would belong to?

miss padfoot
    Tonks, well, hard to say. She's definitely brave and courageous (being an Auror), so she could fit into Gryffindor. She also mentions in OotP that her HoH thought she lacked responsibility and that sounds like McGonagall to me more than any other Head.

She also must have been clever enough to become an Auror, so Ravenclaw is not too of the mark. But remember that it's your choices that put you in whichever house you belong to. Harry is in Gryffindor because he chose not to go to Slytherin and Hermione who should have been in Ravenclaw is in Gryffindor because she values bravery more than cleverness. So, in the end it all depends on Tonks' choice.

anAnachronism
    Good question. The only house we can safely rule out is Slytherin.

Tonks is brave (charging into the Department of Mysteries), stubborn and loyal (in matters regarding the heart and Lupin) as well as smart (she's an Auror after all).

Somehow, I was under the impression that she was from Ravenclaw, though I may be grossly mistaken. We do know that she was too mischievious to be a prefect. I think you can put her in either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. I think she's a bit too bold for Hufflepuff.

Starmaiden
    Quote Originally Posted by nysuperstarz
    To answer your question I would have to saty its a possibility because Tonks doesent really know her true hair color or matbe even her true apperance because she changes it so often.
    I disagree with this. There had to have been a time when Tonks, as a baby, was not able to completely control her Metamorphosing, even if it was only a couple of years. Also, in HBP, she loses her powers and her hair is a lank, mousy brown. I've always assumed that was her natural hair colour -- when she loses the power, her body reverts to what's natural. (I have read several stories, however, where Tonks is unintentionally morphing to resemble Remus...your pick on that one.)

Also, Tonks is, when not in disguise, described the same way in the beginnings of OotP and HBP: as having a "pale, heart-shaped face". In OotP, she has "dark, twinking eyes". I think that Tonks keeps most of her natural appearance (i.e., the face shape and shade) most of the time. She plays with noses to entertain the girls and complete disguises for the benefit of the Order, but I think she stays "herself" as a rule.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Hmm.... I couldn't see the certain birth date of Tonks in the Lexicon. Do we know it, or can I safely come up with a date?
    The Run of the Mill

The phenomenal banner is by MissBean