Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Nymphadora Tonks

nymphadroa_x
    Hmm ... I think Remus would freak out for a few seconds, try not to let it show, pull himself together and try to gently tell her that she's too good for him, that she deserves better. Then, if Tonks is stubborn, then Remus would also get a bit stubborn and angry, resulting in a fight, leaving Tonks deserted, upset, and crying.

Or maybe, at first, when she first fancies Remus, she tries to tell herself stuff like about that fairytale stuff people've mentioned, and she goes something like: "Merline, Tonks! You're in love with a werewolf! Werewolfs are the bad guys! You know that!" and stuff like that ... o;

Hope this's helped.

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    Aloha,

Well, a HBP reread brings to my attention, Tonks "glaring" at Remus, in the Hospital Wing scene. As a couple of people pointed out too, that Tonks probably broke down eventually at the news such as of Dumbledore's death. The combination of her tears (not actual crying though, just suggested) with her anger at Remus is very intriguing.

My question is that if Remus was to return to her in DH after the infamous Grimmauld Place accident, how is Tonks likely to react? What sitautions with regard to Remus will make Tonks act weepy or mad?

Her pregnancy for instance. I don't suppose Moony-the-prospective-dad would have grinned for a whole day without one furrowed brow adorning his forehead.

Or perhaps the time when Remus left her and decided to help the Trio.

How has Tonks grown from loving Remus, to becoming his wife and then a to-be-mum?

Will appreciate help and discussion.

Akay

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

clumsywerewolf2438
    Quote Originally Posted by Padfoot Patronus
    How has Tonks grown from loving Remus, to becoming his wife and then a to-be-mum?
    I think she's grown quite a bit, especially emotionally. Falling in love with him was one thing, but actually marrying him would have taken guts and loyalty, considering the blow it would take to her social status. She would definitely have grown quite a bit over the few days when he left her, too, as she didn't know if he'd be back to help raise their child.

I hope I've helped!

tbsbooboo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe
    This topic was stared in the wrong area! So here I am starting it again because I need more help on it.

How do you think Remus would react to Tonks telling him she loved him? And in return to his reaction, what would hers be?
    That is a great question. I think that Remus would tell her that it is not a good thing to be in love with a werewolf, that it is dangerous, and that he doesn't want to put her in danger. I think that he would have a very hard time getting over that. I think her reaction to his reaction could go one of two ways. One she can see that he cares for her and that he is acting so protectively because he want her safe and of course loves her back. Or she will believe that he doesnt like her at all and be hurt.

Parchment and Quill
    Quote Originally Posted by Padfoot Patronus
    Aloha,

Well, a HBP reread brings to my attention, Tonks "glaring" at Remus, in the Hospital Wing scene. As a couple of people pointed out too, that Tonks probably broke down eventually at the news such as of Dumbledore's death. The combination of her tears (not actual crying though, just suggested) with her anger at Remus is very intriguing.

My question is that if Remus was to return to her in DH after the infamous Grimmauld Place accident, how is Tonks likely to react? What sitautions with regard to Remus will make Tonks act weepy or mad?

Her pregnancy for instance. I don't suppose Moony-the-prospective-dad would have grinned for a whole day without one furrowed brow adorning his forehead.

Or perhaps the time when Remus left her and decided to help the Trio.

Will appreciate help and discussion.

Akay
    Remus, for one, would not of grinned for the whole day! He's more likely to have shut himself up like a boarded-up house for the whole day then that! (Actually, I think that was his reaction.)

Tonks' has changed a lot! I mean, to get as depressed as she did? That changes you, trust me (coming from experience here! I do know what it's like to be depressed. And sort of over love - just not a respective boyfriend. Long story...) To come out of that depression takes a lot of guts. A lot of hard work. A lot of effort. A lot of support from other's (as sad as it is, sometimes, to have to ask). Once she married him? That would have been like a dream come true. And to get pregnant? That would of been scary, especially with Remus not being the most enthusiastic person on earth with the whole thing, and then the war around her and the such large involvement she'd have with it? It'd be tough, to put it mildly.

Tonks' would be mad and a little relieved when Remus came back. She would be mad that he would even as leave. And if or when Remus told her about what Harry had said, she'd agree a hundred percent.

But Tonks would accept him, his faults and all, because that's her and she did it once again and again.

Read this story on HPFF (harrypotterfanfiction.com) by Realmer06 that is about Tonks' reaction and more over Remus' reaction when he came back. Link: Here.

I think it's a very well written fic (that's rated 12+ or in movie terms - G) that is very canon and very in character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe
    How do you think Remus would react to Tonks telling him she loved him? And in return to his reaction, what would hers be?
    Tonks would have the same reactio she would have had in HBP, just maybe a little less frustrated. Although tbsbooboo (Taylen), I do also agree with you.

Also, clumsywerewolf2438, you've put it very well. I think, actually agree, with you here. Also. Stunner, I know.

~ Parchment and Quill

clumsywerewolf2438

During DH, he probably would have been sort of happy about this--I mean, the poor guy has been rather underloved his entire life--but the rest of him would still be thinking, "You don't deserve her" and resent her affections. He'd probably push her away slightly, but she would still be as warm as ever, and eventually, he'd probably start to understand that she was there to say, whether he liked it or not, and learn to truly love her in return.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I have a question. Do the books ever mention what color Tonks' eyes are? I'm trying to think of distinctive physical features that could have been passed down to Teddy. Anything else signifigant that you can think of?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    If I remember correctly, her eyes are described as being "dark and twinkling" or something like that. I would guess they would be a dark brown or something, but being a metamorphagus, she should be able to change her eye colour to anything she wanted.

So, I suppose Teddy could also have dark eyes, as opposed to Remus' light hazel that a lot of fan artists tend to give him (don't know if that's canon).

Tim the Enchanter

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    I dont know if somebody already asked this but,
    What do you think Tonks would be like when she was at Hogwarts?
    What sort of people do you think she would have hung out with?

Just somethings Ive been wondering.
    -Gen.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    She was certainly rare enough to be either cool or considered a freak. Her demeanor in OOTP suggests she's confident and friendly, so I think she was popular at school.

She's an Auror, so to get onto the training programme she had to have NEWT level Potions. In her era (she leaves in July 1991) she had Snape as Potions Master, so she would have had to get an Outstanding for her OWL. So she has to be pretty smart.

She tells Ginny and Hermione that her Head of House (probably Sprout) did not make her a Prefect because she couldn't behave. This shows a mischief making side to her. Her eyes are always talked of as 'twinkling' which backs up this statement. She liked having fun.

I'm writing a Tonks fic at the moment and I have her as friendly with Charlie Weasley (they're the same year) despite being in different Houses. There's no evidence to support this, but it's how I imagine her.

Hope that helps

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird