Thread: Nymphadora Tonks

Hybrid View

Mistletoe

Nymphadora Tonks

This topic was stared in the wrong area! So here I am starting it again because I need more help on it.

How do you think Remus would react to Tonks telling him she loved him? And in return to his reaction, what would hers be?

RedheadedWeasley
    Well, considering that at the end of HBP they were together I think it would be a favorable reaction. He would have concerns, of course, but he had to see it coming. I think Tonks loved him long before they ended up being a couple. She was so depressed it started to seriously effect (affect?) her magic and it changed her Patronus, which is also a serious effect. I think he loves her too, otherwise he wouldn't have pushed her away so much. He didn't think he was good enough for her. He wanted her to be happy, even if it wasn't with him.

He would probably make sure she knew exactly what she was getting into again. But I think that would be to appease his own mind. Remus doesn't strike me as the most confident man in the entire world, even when he was a student. He has always had this big huge secret that when it comes out completely screws everything up for him. He was afraid that she would change her mind, because pretty much everyone else has ostrisized him. She needs to resassure him for a little while, and then he will begin to believe that she really does want him and only him, werewolf or no.

I really think Remus and Tonks have worked out the major problems he had with the relationship. Now we are just waiting for cute little color changing pups to be born!

Mistletoe
    Thanks! That's really helpful. that's pretty much how I felt about the situation as well, except I never really thought about how he was worried she would change her mind. But that just adds to my plot now, doesn't it! And since you've brought up her Patronous... what do you think it originally, and what is a suggestion for what it is now... could it have anything to do with Remus? But in coming up with some ideas... in HBP Snape mentions about how weak her new Patronous looks. Obviously due to her state, but what should it be?

RedheadedWeasley
    Her previous patronus is unknown, but it changes into a big, four legged creature, that one assumes is a werewolf. Lupin guesses it is because of some shock. After she and Remus are together, it could actually have changed back to what it was before, but I think it stayed the same. The patronus is a protector and it is what you feel protected by. I am sure Tonks feels very protected by Remus I would keep it as the four legged creature. I think Severus was teasing Tonks. I think he knew she was in love with Remus (I think most of the Order did) and noticed the resemblance between her patronus and a transfigured werewolf. Knowing the history between Severus and Remus, he would say something as wonderfully snide as her patronus looked weak. Of course, it could have also been weak magically. She wasn't exactly in a happy state and thinking the happy thought required must have taken a lot for her, so perhaps it was a physically weak patronus.

Anyways, I think I would keep it as the werewolf like patronus. Of course, the werewolf is an assumption, but a pretty good one in my opinion.

Mistletoe
    Even since I didn't know that... I would have probably made her Patronous a werewolf. It just works out so nicely.

On to my next point of interest. I'm thinking that I'm going to make it so that it takes Remus a while to warm up to Tonks' ideas that he isn't all that bad, since it's not mentioned much throughout HBP until the end when they are actually seen together. Just what should I do between that time? 1) Make it awkward, 2) make them grow together until Remus can't resist, or 3) make them be a secret until they finally break and let everyone know they are a couple? Personally I think it would be a mixture of one which lead into two. Or maybe there are other options?

cmwinters
    I heard a theory (for the life of me cannot remember where) that Tonks' original Patronus was a chameleon. Which I find quite amusing.

Remus had been off with Greyback's werewolves, spying for the Order, during the summer between OotP and HBP, and also while Tonks was on intermittent assignment at Hogwarts. Harry (and Professor Snape) saw her changed Patronus when Harry arrived at school.

Canonically, what happened was, he shunned her on the basis that she "deserved better" and "deserved someone whole". He wasn't rude to her, but he rebuffed her advances. Apparently, Molly and Arthur, at the very least, found this to be stupid, prior to Bill's injury; certainly, after the injury, they argued against him in full view of the Golden Trio (which was arguably inappropriate, given the context of the conversation).

So in that case, I think mostly 1, a bit of 2, and none of 3.

tbsbooboo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe
    This topic was stared in the wrong area! So here I am starting it again because I need more help on it.

How do you think Remus would react to Tonks telling him she loved him? And in return to his reaction, what would hers be?
    That is a great question. I think that Remus would tell her that it is not a good thing to be in love with a werewolf, that it is dangerous, and that he doesn't want to put her in danger. I think that he would have a very hard time getting over that. I think her reaction to his reaction could go one of two ways. One she can see that he cares for her and that he is acting so protectively because he want her safe and of course loves her back. Or she will believe that he doesnt like her at all and be hurt.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    I think that it depends on whether the metamorphmagi-gene (let's just call it the 'MG') is reaccuring or not. For example, just because a metamorphmagi has children doesn't mean the MG has been passed on. In Teddy's case, it was, but it most likely won't always be.

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Well - I think it would be mostly the same every generation, maybe with some small fluctuations. Take cancer, for example. Although cancer doesn't always run in families, you are certainly more likely to get it if a family member had it, but a family member having had it doesn't guarantee that you will by any means. Cancer rates, despite this, aren't to my knowledge skyrocketing, though (at least, not singlehandedly due to genetics). I think colourblindness works the same way. This is how I'm assuming the metamorphmagi-gene works.
    Nora Writes ~ Nora Draws ~ Nora Duels ~ Nora Drabbles ~ Nora Betas

My fabulous Doctor Who banner is by Nadia/majestic_ginny!