Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - The Eleventh

Indigoenigma
    Hey mods!

I submitted a Post-Hogwarts fic on the 3rd of August and it hasn't been accepted/rejected yet. (It's entitled Hooked). I just wanted to know if there is some sort of back-up in that category.

Thanks!

~Kelly

My apologies for posting this here.

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Hi Kelly,

There is a bit of backlog in that category. Sweeper mods will be on the case. In the future, though, please direct these types of questions to the mod in charge of the category. They are more likely to know right away what's going on. We're all available by PM.

Thanks.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

childofpotter13

Avada kedavra

Whenever there are too many people on MNFF, the screen says Avada Kedavra and you have to wait a bit before getting back on. But my question is, does anyone know how many people have to be on before we all are hit by Avada Kedavra.
    Thanks,
    Sam

Marauder by Midnight
    childofpotter13 -- lol, no, we don't know how many people have to be online at once since it sometimes depends on what people are doing online. It would be something fun to look into

5. 08-14-2007, 04:32 PM

LuckyRatTail
    It's not really important, but I was just wondering... I recently updated my fic, and the new chapter has been validated, but the story hasn't been moved to the top of the category - it's just stayed where it is. Is this a technical fault or a new policy? I'm pretty sure the stories above me can't all have submitted chapters at the same time and, therefore, all have been moved above me after mine was posted.

Cheers, LuckyRatTail

Marauder by Midnight
    LuckyRatTail - It moves to the top of the page when it is first submitted, not when it is validated.

childofpotter13

Mental Disorders

Umm, if I'm writing a story and in one of the chapters a character who only appears in that chapter has been driven crazy, do I need to include a warning for that character, or no.
    Thanks,
    Sam

myownmuggle
    childofpotter13: If by "driven crazy" you mean the character is suffering from a type of mental disorder, you should put the appropriate warnings on your story.

dragonwings
    If by any chance one wanted to commemorate Molly Weasley's, err, colorful outburst in the final battle in an avatar, could we use the actual word? (I'm talking about the B word if I haven't made myself clear. ) Thanks!
    ~Allie

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Any word that the site would censor (replace the word with astericks) is also not permissable in banners, icons, or avatars. ***** is one of those words.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page