Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - The Eleventh

Stubbornly_appeared

Questions

Two questions:

If your fic could be interpreted as the character as being insane, but you don't (as the author) think so, does it need a Mental Disorders warning?

And I was also wondering when the Fall Term starts, if you know already.

Thanks in advanced!

myownmuggle
    Stubbornly_appeared: Like I told childofpotter13, it's better to put the warning, even if your story does not expressly state that a character has a mental disorder.

As for the date of the start of fall term, the current term ends on August 19. There will be a bit of time to get everything organized for the fall term before classes and activities start up again. I don't have a specific date, but it will be in the next few weeks.

SiriuslyMental
    Is being resorted a possibility?

Very sorry if this question has been asked before, but there are so many pages here!

4. 08-18-2007, 03:47 PM

Marauder by Midnight
    SiriuslyMental - Don't think you can be resorted, but Karin might pop in and refute that Moderators can be resorted if there's a need for a Head of House or Prefect. If you have a problem with your House, let her or your Head of House/Prefect know. Maybe it can be worked out.

6. 08-18-2007, 06:08 PM

katrin4p
    Erm... I don't know if this belongs here or in Ask The Navy, but I wanted to change the timezone. (Really.) Because it's just so confusing not to know what time it is for everyone else! Like, right now, it's ten past midnight, but I'm completely aware that for other people, it's not.

So, instead of having GMT+1 I'd like to have the...normal setting. GMT? (Okay, that was dumb of me because it would mean it was 23h10 but... erm... well.)

But that was it, really. Thanks

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    katrin4p - click User CP, then click edit options (on the left). Time zone is about two-thirds of the way down.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

FullofLife
    Why canít I see the Daily Prophet Classifieds on the forum main page?

10. 08-19-2007, 05:42 PM

songbook99
    Stubbonrly_appeared, the Fall Term starts on Monday, September 3rd.

SiriuslyMental, you cannot be re-Sorted. As Beth mentioned, the only people who can be re-Sorted are moderators, and that's only if a Head of House or Prefect is needed and none of the mods already in the House are interested.

FullofLife, you should be able to see the Daily Prophet Classifieds once you have logged in. If you cannot, please PM me and let me know so I can take a look at the settings.

12. 08-20-2007, 07:25 PM

13. 08-20-2007, 10:24 PM

R_Ravenclaw
    So on my author page, I go to the Stats page where it says how many people have put your stories as favorites and stuff like that. And somewhere it says: Favorite Author: 7 members. But when I slick the link to where it should transport e to the aforementioned 7 members, only 2 show up! Why is that? Is there something wrong with it? Why can't I see the other 5?

Thanks!

Sly Severus
    R_Ravenclaw: I believe only authors show up on the Favorite Authors page. Users who have no stories posted can't be seen. I'm not sure why it works that way.