Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - The Eleventh

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Actually, I have to disagree with Julie on this one (sorry...) I think it is more appropriate to the Other Pairing category with an AU warning. The romance is the main part. Readers aren't probably going to be trolling the AU cat looking for a Snape romance. That's just me, though. If the other mods say AU category, go with that.

EDIT: I say this being the Snape/Hermione mod. If all those stories had to go to the AU cat now, the category would cease to exist.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

nikkiolapotter
    Okay, so WIP's validated pre-DH don't need the proper disregarded warning, correct? Well, what if you wanted to add a character now, that was introduced in DH, into your fic? Would you have to keep it Character compliant with DH, or could you do the personality however you wished? Or, would you just add a 'Book 7 Disregarded' warning now?

WhittyLeah
    Nik: If you are adding chapters after DH and there is a DH character in them... add the warning.

4. 08-23-2007, 04:02 AM

5. 08-23-2007, 05:09 AM

6. 08-23-2007, 11:34 AM

tibi jones

Dazed and Confused

Hi, I have been trying to get some answers to questions and tried PM to a moderator. It seems very difficult to receive an answer. But, I will try again here.

I have written a piece intended for the humor catagory (Unsure whether it is funny or not though).

It is set a few weeks after DH. The trio are pretty much cannon. A couple characters are described as having gotten inebriated. This will require a substance abuse warning, correct?

Next, since I have introduced a character who apparently died in DH, will this make it AU or just a warning?
    Also, if I take liberties with say, London, does this make it AU or just need a warning?

I also have 2 delicate questions about whether something is allowed that if a mod could PM me, I would like to ask.

Marauder by Midnight
    tibi jones - That will make your story Alternate Universe. The warning would be insufficient. Your other two questions can be PMed to me.

9. 08-24-2007, 08:44 PM

10. 08-24-2007, 09:09 PM

Lily of the US
    So sorry if this has been answered before, but I did use the search function and the FAQ and couldn't find it, so my apologies to the lovely mods if I'm making a mistake (yet again ). This is also kind of a *duh* question, so here goes:

You need to be added to the "school students" group before you can post in the "Classes" forum, correct?

Thank you so much! ~megan~

myownmuggle
    Yes, you must belong to the user group first. You can request to join the user group through the function in the User CP.

XhayleeXblackX
    Okay, I joined the Student User Group but the post I made isn't appearing in the thread I posted it in(Character Exploration-First Years Sign-Ups), and it was the other day when I posted it. Is there something else that I need to do before I can post/join a class? I'm really sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but I've been looking for the answer for about an hour and haven't found it.

Haylee

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    xhayleexblackx - I believe posts in that forum are moderated, which means the professor has to manually approve posts before they appear. So I imagine you did fine, and it will show up shortly. If that's not the case, let me know.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

XhayleeXblackX
    Well, I think my post was one of the first posts and the professor has already posted a list of poeple, and I'm not on it, and there are two spots left. So does that mean that I can not take the class, or should I just wait a couple more days and see?

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to go back but I clicked the wrong button and posted. I'm fairly sure I needn't have posted this. Again, Sorry
    Haylee