Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - The Eleventh

Marauder by Midnight
    nysuperstarz - The tentative date for DH-spoilers in signatures, etc has been set to August 8th. However, since our three admins are away at this time, we don't want to make the decision without their approval or their announcement. They'll be back before August 8th though and will make an announcement, whether the date is the 8th or not. Sorry for any confusion.

Second Year Gryffindor
    Beset by Owls
    Not meaning to be a pest, but I was just wondering if there was going to be an August Challenge posted in The Great Hall? Understandably, there wasn't one for the month of July, and I was wondering if Andrea was still giving us a break. I wasn't really sure if I should PM her about something so trivial, because it's not dire, I'm just curious to know.

Thank you.

-Hadeer

3. 08-04-2007, 07:32 AM

Sixth Year Ravenclaw
    Petrificus Totalus!
    Where did the banner-maker's forum in The Burrow go? It just... disappeared.
    lurky! pm to keep in contact please!

Marauder by Midnight
    BloodRayne - You should contact either Jan (Magical Maeve) or Andrea (Ravensgryff) with that question. Again, this thread is for general questions. Don't be afraid to PM them or any moderator, actually. We don't bite as long as you're polite.

MissBean - Er, I can't answer that question right now. It looks like I'm the only moderator still awake/online, but I promise I didn't touch anything. I've alerted other moderators of the issue, but seeing as how all three of our administrators are away now, I can't promise we can do something immediately about the problem. We're doing the best we can though.

Meriska
    Hi I was wondering how long the sign up for classes are kept open and when are they planning on opening classes for the fall term? I'm leaving for two weeks and I don't want to miss out! Sorry if this has already been asked.

Thanks
    ~Maiya~

A Cappella
    Hello,

If I edit a validated chapter, will all my reviews for that chapter be deleted, or do reviews only get deleted if a chapter/story is deleted?

Thanks!

A Cappella

Marauder by Midnight
    Meriska - I'm not sure what the date is. I'm sure an announcement will be made sometime during the next few weeks regarding class sign-ups.

A Cappella - Your reviews are untouched if you edit a validated chapter. You shouldn't have any reviews on chapters rejected though. As stated in the 'Terms of Service':

Leaving reviews on chapters that have not been approved is prohibited.
    You, the author, are responsible for reporting prohibited reviews such as SPAM and flames.

Irridescent
    Approximatley how long would it take for a mod to review my post and deem it not spam> And to recieve my sorting? I know you all are busy so I'll try not to be impacient...

Marauder by Midnight
    Irridescent - It will take however long it takes for a moderator to notice your post. Your Sorting results may come in a few weeks' time. There are several people waiting for their results as well. Please be patient

Snape's Talon
    Is there perhaps something going on with the board and the PM area? I only ask because under my name, it says I have 65534 unread messages. I've cleared my cookies and the number remains.

Edit: And now it's suddenly fixed itself. o.O I do believe there's a boggart in the system.