Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - The Eleventh

nikkiolapotter
    Follow up pregunta: So, is there a way to link to a specific review? Or no?

Marauder by Midnight
    nikkiolapotter - Unfortunately, no. Just link the entire reviews page =/ It's a hassle, I know.

nikkiolapotter
    I'm just wondering if I'm being plainly blind, but is the Bannermaker's Association forum back yet? Or do mods actually have real lives outside the forums and haven't put it back, and I'm just being impatient?

Marauder by Midnight
    nikkiolapotter - BA seems to be working for me as well as other members of the forum. Here is the link.

LilykinsLove
    the BA is not visible to me, either, and when I follow that link it tells me that I do not have permission to go there. I got there earlier by following a link in someone's signature, if that helps.

emma

myownmuggle
    LilykinsLove: The admins are working on restoring the pre-closure settings and permissions for all of the forums. Please be patient while things are put back to normal.

Euphrates
    This is probably a question with an obvious answer, but... () If we wrote a story before DH that was about it (like the final battle or something), would we have to add an AU warning to that story? (Or B7D?) I know we do *now*, but what if it was written earlier?

hansolohpfrk
    If we're writing a Post-DH fic, and we need a beta, do we just title the thread along the same lines of "Post-DH Fic (Spoilers!)" and put the spoilers in our ad? Or do we just avoid spoilers completely?

--Hanni

myownmuggle
    Euphrates: If the story was posted on MNFF prior to the DH release, there is no need to go back and change the warnings.

hansolohpfrk: You should note that your fic will contain spoilers, but until the formal announcement is made about lifting the ban on posting of spoilers, please don't put them directly in your ad. Keep the summary or description as spoiler-free as possible. You can exchange a more detailed summary with a potential beta via PM.

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    In addition to what Julie said above, if your fic is a work in progress, it should have a B7D warning on it. Stories that were complete before the release need no warnings, and stories begun now need AU warnings.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page