Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - The Eleventh

Marauder by Midnight
    butter_beer_drinker -

<strong> is like <b>, which bolds the text.
    <em> is like <i>, which italicizes the text.
    <br /> is like <br>, which causes a break in the line.
    <strike> creates a strikethrough.
    <a> should be <a href> which creates a link in the next.
    <hr> creates a line from one end of the page to the other. Most authors use this as an indication of a shift in time/place/perspective
    <p> creates two breaks so that a blank line forms between two paragraph
    <ul> is similar to the list function on the site.
    <li> is similar to the[*] in the list function and creates bullets for the list.
    <ol> is similar to the[*] in the list function but creates numbers for the list.
    <div> creates a header for a section of text.

You may find a better explanation if you Google each tag.

MrsRuebeusHagridDursley
    Sorry about all my questions, Mods. *gives cookies*

I am however, confused about something. More specifically, the queue limits. While browsing around some contests, I was given the impression that you can have several things in the queue at once, as long as they're not for the same story or in the same category. I, however, thought that the max you could have in the queue is two as long as it's not for the same cat or story. So, how many chapters/one-shots can you have in the queue at one time?

Thanks so much, I'm sorry to bother you all again. *gives cookies again*

~Morgan

Marauder by Midnight
    MrsRuebeusHagridDursley - Questions are always welcome here You may have up to two chapters in the queue at a time as long as they are in different categories. I'm not sure I understand what you may have observed, but I assure you your thoughts are correct.

nikkiolapotter
    Uh...

How do you link to your own reviews? And how do you even get there in the first place?

~Nicole

nysuperstarz
    Concerning the Deathly Hallows policy, will the BA and The Check in Desk also be closed? I'm assuming thats a yes, but just wanted to make sure.

Also, will we still be able to LOOK at the regular forums and just not post in them, or will they disappear all together?

<333Roop

myownmuggle
    nikkiolapotter: You would link to the reviews page for a particular story the same way you would for the story itself. Click on the number indicating the reviews and copy the URL in the address bar.

nysuperstarz: The Forum policy is pretty self-explanatory. The ONLY forums remaining open as of now are Hogwarts and Sparkly-Poo. Everything else will be invisible, like it was for April Fool's Day.

mkmwrite

Is it possible...

...to change one's username on MNFF and/or the boards? I'm getting bored by my old one, and I want to change it, but don't know if I can.

Marauder by Midnight
    mkmwrite - Please do not make a new thread for a question when there is a perfectly functioning thread called "Ask the Moderators." No, you may not change your username on MNFF or the forums without creating a new account.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Will our stories that were posted in the que be accepted or rejected before the forums are closed? Not that it is a big deal, I was just curious. (anxiously awaiting an Owl for my new story )

Also, somehow a review I left went in twice, I hit the delete button on one of them but apparantly my obliverate spell doesn't work. How do I get rid of the extra? It in Child Of the Hunt by Snapes_Secret, chapter 16.
    ~Kristy

Marauder by Midnight
    butter_beer_drinker - Stories will continue to be accepted and rejected even after forums are closed And your review has been deleted. Next time, it'll be better to just PM a moderator about the extra review.