Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - The Eleventh

Marauder by Midnight
    I LUV MOONY - If you're trying to put an animated avatar in, it's not allowed. Only moderators may have animated avatars. Sorry =/

I_LUV_MOONY
    The avatar isn't animated, though. Argh, I'm so confused!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Sorry! I'm a bit of a Newbie, still trying to figure out the various ways to do things... how do I get a mod to close this thread for me?

Edit: *Cringes* I didn't realise that I actually didn't start this thread until ten minutes after that post, when I was in the car on the way to a keyboard lesson... Since I have, once again, had my woeful ignorance pointed out to me, I shall now go and crawl into the space beneath my desk (the closest I can find to a hole). Do me a favour and forget this post after you read it.

(Avvie and banner by me, quote from Fancy, by John Keats)

Marauder by Midnight
    I LUV MOONY - Seeing as how you don't have the PM option to allow me to private message you, you'll have to email me the link to the avatar you want. I'll see what I can do on my end. I'll email you from the email address you can use to contact me.

Phia Phoenix - To get a moderator to close a thread, please post saying so OR, to avoid double-posting, you can PM the moderator of the forum to close it. However, this thread does not need closing since it is a public thread used for anyone who needs a question answered by a moderator.

thegirllikeme
    Right, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I don't know where else to ask so...

On MNFF there's a way to post series right? I mean under your favorites there's favorite series. What I don't know is how to make a series. I need to know because I'm about ready to add a sequel to one of my existing stories and am considering dividing my main fic up into different books because it's going to be way too long if I keep it as one. So how to you create a series?

Thanks in advance.

Marauder by Midnight
    thegirllikeme - I'm afraid we had to remove the Series option from our site as there were too many users who abused the function. Sorry for the inconvenience. =/

sayiansirius
    Just out of pure curiosity, I was wondering if there's a glitch on the main FF site. Some stories, like mine, doesn't have the right word count. For my fic, it only shows the word count of chapter one. (I have two chapters that have been validated). I was just wondering if it was a glitch or because of another reason.

Thanks in advance!
    ~KC

Euphrates
    (I'm not entirely sure this is the right place to ask this. >.< Sorry if it is not.)

Well, recently I've gotten more into my original fiction. I know this is a very fan-fic orientated site, but I was wondering if there was a way to have a sub-forum to critique original fiction on these forums? *Definitely* sorry if this isn't possible due to technical reasons or that's-not-what-this-site-is-about reasons; I just wondered. Gracias.

Kate

myownmuggle
    sayiansirius: It is likely a site glitch like so many others we've had. As long as your chapters are showing up where and how they are supposed to, I wouldn't be too concerned about what the word count displays.

Euphrates: Unfortunately, the answer is no. This site is restricted solely to fan fiction. I do have some information on original fiction sites that I can share with you via PM if you would like it. Just drop me a note.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Not HTML Savy

Hey there. I searched the threads before asking this , and I feel stupid doing so since I have 5 stories validate, but what do each of these html codes mean?

<strong>
    <em>
    <br />
    <strike>
    <a>
    <hr>
    <p>
    <ul>
    <li>
    <ol>
    <div>
    ~Kristy