Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - The Eleventh

Hybrid View

songbook99

Ask a Moderator - The Eleventh

Please view our Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked. (These threads are searchable!)

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Dumbledore's Navy in the Check-In Desk.

Ronald Weasley
    I had a question about the usernme 'Ron Weasley'. Okay, so I've been apart of these boards since the beginning, and I had 'Ron Weasley' as my username. When you guys redid the forums, I was aware people had to rejoin, which I did as 'Ron Weasley'. I'm wondering if you guys deleted my account because I wasn't on often and made it an unusable username or if someone else owns it? Because 'Ron Weasley' is my pen name on MNFF and I would like it the same as here. I think it's unfair for my name to be taken from me when I still come here.

Hope you can help! Thanks.

-RW

MrsRuebeusHagridDursley
    I was wondering exactly, where the line is that would determine if a fic should be R/Hr (or H/G for that matter) or H/G AND R/Hr.

For example, if you're writing a story where the main focus is on R/Hr, but there's a quick scene where they visit Harry and Ginny (who are in a romantic relationship) would that be R/Hr or H/G AND R/Hr?

I hope that made sense, and thanks to whoever answers!

~Morgan

Marauder by Midnight
    Ronald Weasley - A lot of the Harry Potter canon character names on the forums are taken on purpose. A year or so ago, some people had created forum names such as "Harry Potter" and "Remus Lupin" and used it to roleplay. To keep this from happening again, the moderators all created one or two canon character usernames so no one can create them themselves. Sorry for the inconvenience.

MrsRubeusHagridDursley - R/Hr AND H/G would be a story focusing on both couples. If your story is mainly R/Hr and only slightly mentions H/G it would fit in better in R/Hr. If a story focuses primarily on how both couples came together, it would be R/Hr AND H/G.

lionsnake7
    this is kind of a silly question but anyway, let me explain everything before i ask. ok, so ever since i first join, over a year ago, i've been saying happy birthday to eveyone as much as possible. i've named myself as the unoffical birthday committee. is it possible for me to become the offical birthday committee? well, that's my question.

Ronald Weasley
    Thanks for getting back to my quetion. I had another: I PMed songbook99 for te sorting quiz a few days ago, but have't received one yet. Is there anyone else that can send me one? Thanks.

Rowanhood_in_China

a question (i have endless questions:D)

how do you post a banner on your author's page? i'm a little confused.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Not HTML Savy

Hey there. I searched the threads before asking this , and I feel stupid doing so since I have 5 stories validate, but what do each of these html codes mean?

<strong>
    <em>
    <br />
    <strike>
    <a>
    <hr>
    <p>
    <ul>
    <li>
    <ol>
    <div>
    ~Kristy

Marauder by Midnight
    butter_beer_drinker -

<strong> is like <b>, which bolds the text.
    <em> is like <i>, which italicizes the text.
    <br /> is like <br>, which causes a break in the line.
    <strike> creates a strikethrough.
    <a> should be <a href> which creates a link in the next.
    <hr> creates a line from one end of the page to the other. Most authors use this as an indication of a shift in time/place/perspective
    <p> creates two breaks so that a blank line forms between two paragraph
    <ul> is similar to the list function on the site.
    <li> is similar to the[*] in the list function and creates bullets for the list.
    <ol> is similar to the[*] in the list function but creates numbers for the list.
    <div> creates a header for a section of text.

You may find a better explanation if you Google each tag.

MrsRuebeusHagridDursley
    Sorry about all my questions, Mods. *gives cookies*

I am however, confused about something. More specifically, the queue limits. While browsing around some contests, I was given the impression that you can have several things in the queue at once, as long as they're not for the same story or in the same category. I, however, thought that the max you could have in the queue is two as long as it's not for the same cat or story. So, how many chapters/one-shots can you have in the queue at one time?

Thanks so much, I'm sorry to bother you all again. *gives cookies again*

~Morgan