Thread: Introduction Forum

Fifth Year Slytherin
    People Hate Me for Losing Points

Introduction Forum

I've had this idea in my head for quite awhile, and finally got around to posting it.

When I first made an account on the forum, I had no idea what to do. I mean, there was plenty of places to post, but where to start? On a lot of other forums that I'm on, they have a special place for new members to make a thread introducing themselves. Other members can then say hello and welcome them. It provides a nice way to get started on the forum.

I think it would be good for MNFF to have something like this. I see tons of people who are on quite often, but never post. This might help them get involved.

Georgia
    Georgia Duels!Georgia Drabbles!Georgia writes poetry!

completely Squeeable banner by Poojah. Isn't it amazing? Avvie by the amazing Julia/the opaleye

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Impersonating the Bloody Baron
    Not sure if I'm allowed to answer, but whatever.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's what the Check-In Desk forum is for. You know, the one with the house threads. I guess it's a bit annoying if you're not sorted yet and so don't know what thread to post in, but other than that, I'm not sure what else you could want.
    [@Bannermaking] [@Poetry] [@Writing] [@Drabbling] [@Duelling]

Incredible Avvie and Beautiful banner for my Cotillion fic by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Fifth Year Slytherin
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    What I meant was a place, maybe just in the CHeck in Desk, where new members could make their own thread saying hello.
    Georgia Duels!Georgia Drabbles!Georgia writes poetry!

completely Squeeable banner by Poojah. Isn't it amazing? Avvie by the amazing Julia/the opaleye

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Allowing people to have their own threads would get quite spammy, which is one of the things we actively seek to avoid on these forums. Really, that is what the common room threads are for. If someone isn't motivated enough to join the community as we have established it, then it is unlikely that giving them free reign to post off-topic content at will inspire them to be more involved. We do allow for this sort of thing, but in a more focused capacity.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    I think Jess has pretty much covered the answer here so I am closing this thread. Thanks for participating!

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3