The Drabble Brawl Rules
1. First of all, you must be sorted into a House to participate or sign up.
2. On that note, do not sign up unless you're absolutely sure you'll have time to participate. This competition may run for several weeks, (at the most 12 weeks depending on dropouts) and you'll be required to turn in a drabble to Equinox Chick
for each weekly challenge until you're eliminated.
3. Challenges will be posted every Sunday night, and the entries for that challenge will be due the next Thursday at 8:PM GMT. The drabbles will be posted within a few hours of the deadline – any identifying names will be removed prior to that so anonymity can be maintained during the voting process.
(We have to be strict about the deadlines. Unless you give me prior notice, I cannot accept late entries. You will be disqualified and all
4.Please do not tell anyone which drabble you wrote! If the barmaids hear any sort of rumour that you’re telling other users which drabble to vote for, you will be immediately disqualified/banned – this applies to non-participants as well.
Face it, guys, it’s uncool to cheat. You want to win because you’re the best drabbler and not the one with the biggest flist! And on that subject, I am able to check who has voted and for what, so no multiple votes allowed.
5. Other drabblers [including the participants, yes you can vote for yourself] will then have until 3:PM GMT on Sunday, unless otherwise noted, to vote for their favourite and least favourite drabbles in a poll.
6. The least favourite votes will be subtracted from the favourite votes. Example: Someone who receives 3 + votes and 5 - votes will have a total of -2 points.
7. In the early rounds, the two contestants with the least amount of points will be eliminated, given a pat on the head, some points, and can no longer participate, whilst everyone else moves on to the next challenge thus having survived! Participation points will only be given to brawlers who send their drabbles in on time. If I have to disqualify you, then no points will be given. When we get down to the last 6, one brawler will be eliminated per week. Participation points are given once, providing I have not had to disqualify you.
8. In the event of a tie, the drabble with the most amount of negative votes will be eliminated. At the other end of the spectrum, points will be shared by brawlers who tie for first place.
9. The overall winner of the Drabble Brawl will receive immense shinyness, bragging rights and ... oh, yeah, twenty points for their house. The second place runner up will receive fifteen points, and the third place contestant will receive ten. (This includes your participation points)The contestant who receives the most votes every week will earn five points for their house for that week.
10. Participants and viewers alike must have an open mind to all ships and ideas, including slash. Ratings for drabbles can be as high as 3rd-5th years and must have appropriate warnings, if necessary. If you are in any doubt about your subject matter/warnings etc then you must PM me.(Equinox Chick)
11. Drabbles must be between 200-500 words. MNFF SubmissionGuidelines still apply. Please double-check for grammar, and spelling. Equinox Chick is not your beta and will not format the story for you. If you do not name your drabble, I will title it "Untitled".
BE VERY AWARE that drabbles called Untitled can get confused with other drabbles called Untitled so I STRONGLY recommend that you title your drabble!
NOTE: You may not use betas. This is part due to the fact that betas give you an unfair advantage over drabblers who don't use betas, but also because you can't remain anonymous if someone has seen your drabble. There’s an honour system in place here, brawlers, but we also hear whispers ... so BEWARE!
12. Contestants may not post their drabbles anywhere until after the results are posted by the Barmaids. Failure to maintain anonymity will result in instant disqualification.
13. Mods may enter and not just for participation points. Because this is anonymous, you will be allowed to win.
If you've read and understand the rules make sure to add the words "Draco is not as hot as Khal Drogo" in your sign up form.