Thread: Welcome to the Adoption Centre and I Challenge Thee Forum - Rules Updated 22/1/09

Marauder by Midnight

Welcome to the Adoption Centre and I Challenge Thee Forum - Rules Updated 22/1/09

Welcome to the Adoption Center and I Challenge Thee Thread

This center had been planned for a while now and is finally open to the public. Any questions about how to use the center should be posted here; they'll be answered as soon as possible.

How to Use This Forum

1. Each plot bunny will have their own thread. The category of each plot bunny, as well as an adjective, should be in the title for people to see them easily.

Good Titles:
    • Complex R/Hr Plot in need of another author.
    • Funny Trelawney experience up for grabs
    • Dark Dramione plot bunny

Bad Titles:
    • I don't know what to do with this bunny
    • Canon romance here
    • Silly Hagrid

Your plot bunny up for adoption should have the following tag on it:
    Characters involved:
    Mood of plot bunny:
    Plot line:
    Other details:

2. Limit how many threads you start please. We don't want the adoption center to be overrun by bunnies and not have anyone want them! A good rule-of-thumb would be to start as many threads as you answer.

3. Only one person may adopt the plot bunny; we don't want too many stories with the same plot, do we?

4. You may answer a thread with "I'm interested in writing this bunny." However, you are expected to edit that post later with the link to your story.

5. If you decide you cannot follow through with the story, please post a reply saying you no longer wish to keep it.

6. Just as real adoption agencies do this, I will be dropping by two to three weeks after you have claimed a plot bunny and will request that you send me a sample and/or outline of your story within a day or two. If this is not met, I will put the bunny back up for adoption.

7. A story, or at least a chapter, must at least be in the queue no more than three months after adopting. If you have difficulties meeting this requirement, PM the author of the thread and me.

8. If you have questions regarding a specific plot bunny, you may ask on the thread OR PM the author of the thread.

Additional rules: 22/1/09

9. Please do not reply to a thread offering to adopt a bunny unless you think there is a very strong chance you will see it through. If you decide you cannot follow through with a bunny then please remember to post a reply in the original thread saying it is available once again.

10. No person can have more than two bunnies claimed at any one time. Once you have written and posted a link to the completed fic or at the least the first chapter, you may claim more bunnies.

Cleaning this Forum

1. Because we need to make room for new plot bunnies, plot bunnies over one month old with no answers and plot bunnies over three months old with no story will be deleted.

2. Completed plot bunnies will be celebrated and will find a home in the Hall of Records (or another sub-forum)

3. If you need a thread locked/deleted, PM me with the name of the thread.

Other

I don't think I need to say this, but be courteous at all times. Don't take too many bunnies if you can't take care of them. If this happens too often, I will tack on a little "punishment" for not taking good care of bunnies.

There may be house points involved, but we'll wait to see how well this goes.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Here is a banner I created when I had a plot bunny up for adoption. Feel free to post it when you have one.

Here is the banner with a link to the adoption center. Copy and paste it in your signature, just remember to add the [ in front of URL= and the ] after the last [/URL or it won't work.

URL= "http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com /forum/ forumdisplay.php?f= 199"][IMG] http: // i10.tinypic.com/4tgxaph.jpg [/IMG][/URL

Feel free to PM me if you need some help.
    ~Kristy

Marauder by Midnight
    A reminder to please tend to the plot bunny you've promised to care. There are several threads here, each with one or more responses, yet no stories yet!

Thus, I have added a new rule. I will be PMing the people who have claimed a plot bunny two to three weeks after adopting and will request a sample of the story and/or an outline. If you do not respond to the PM in the allotted time (a day or two), I will allow other people to adopt the plot bunny. The story will still need to be ready within three months of claiming a bunny. Let me know if I need to clarify this new rule.

dragonwings
    I hope that this is okay, I was just following Kristy's example. If not, please delete! *doesn't want to get in trouble*

These are just some banners that I made while wildly bored and contemplating putting up my bunny for adoption.

Please credit and no hotlinking. Thanks!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    I have a question. I just adopted Remora's bunny. Do I have to PM you a sample of what I am doing in the next day or two?

Also, by the end of three months, does the whole story have to be completed or can it be a good chunk of it has to be done?

Thanks ahead of time!

~Alyssa

Avvie by Ash/Radcliffefan07 and Banner by Evie/apollo13.

Nordonia
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonwings
    I hope that this is okay, I was just following Kristy's example. If not, please delete! *doesn't want to get in trouble*

These are just some banners that I made while wildly bored and contemplating putting up my bunny for adoption.

Please credit and no hotlinking. Thanks!
    (:very good and very interesting. I am a Slythern.Ana Black

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    As of the:

21st January 2009

All adopted bunnies - those which had been claimed and had a link to the first chapter or whole story posted - have been moved to the Hall of Records, where they may be viewed.

Over the next few days, I will be PMing authors who have claimed bunnies but not yet posted links to find out their progress. Once this is complete then all thread titles will be updated to show the current status of the bunny. If you know you no longer have the time for a bunny you have claimed, please reply to the original thread so that the bunny may be offered up for adoption again.

Thank you

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    The Adoption centre has once again been cleaned; threads which have not been answered within a month have been deleted as have claimed bunnies which have not resulted in a story after three months. In addition, any bunnies with the first chapter posted have been moved to the Hall of Records.

Please don't forget to come back and post a link to any bunnies you succesfully adopt so that other users can see the results of your hard work and the thread can be stored properly.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.