Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ON VICTORY DAY! LET THE BRAWL COMMENCE! ~ The Seventh TTB Brawl is here ~

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

ON VICTORY DAY! LET THE BRAWL COMMENCE! ~ The Seventh TTB Brawl is here ~

Let the Battle of Hogwarts Recommence!

THE SEVENTH THREE BROOMSTICKS BRAWL

Are you ready to cast curses at your fellow drabblers? Have you and your neighbouring thread-owner have had a dispute over a pint of Butterbeer regarding characterisation? Do you feel that the challenge winners don’t fully represent the skills of the drabblers in Rosmerta’s pub? Or are you just up for a good drabble writing frenzy?

Well, the only civilized way to handle this is by participating in the Three Broomsticks Drabble Brawl! So take out your quills and parchment and get ready to BRAWL!

The concept of the Drabble brawl began on LJ many moons ago, but one of the previous landladies (Teh Ebil One) introduced it to this bar in 2008. It was an immediate success.

Here are the rules. Read carefully, for they may have changed since the last round.

The Drabble Brawl Rules

1. First of all, you must be sorted into a House to participate or sign up.

2. On that note, do not sign up unless you're absolutely sure you'll have time to participate. This competition may run for several weeks, (at the most 12 weeks depending on dropouts) and you'll be required to turn in a drabble to Equinox Chick for each weekly challenge until you're eliminated.

3. Challenges will be posted every Sunday night, and the entries for that challenge will be due the next Thursday at 8:PM GMT. The drabbles will be posted within a few hours of the deadline – any identifying names will be removed prior to that so anonymity can be maintained during the voting process.

(We have to be strict about the deadlines. Unless you give me prior notice, I cannot accept late entries. You will be disqualified and all points forfeited.)

4.Please do not tell anyone which drabble you wrote! If the barmaids hear any sort of rumour that you’re telling other users which drabble to vote for, you will be immediately disqualified/banned – this applies to non-participants as well.

Face it, guys, it’s uncool to cheat. You want to win because you’re the best drabbler and not the one with the biggest flist! And on that subject, I am able to check who has voted and for what, so no multiple votes allowed.

5. Other drabblers [including the participants, yes you can vote for yourself] will then have until 3:PM GMT on Sunday, unless otherwise noted, to vote for their favourite and least favourite drabbles in a poll.

6. The least favourite votes will be subtracted from the favourite votes. Example: Someone who receives 3 + votes and 5 - votes will have a total of -2 points.

7. In the early rounds, the two contestants with the least amount of points will be eliminated, given a pat on the head, some points, and can no longer participate, whilst everyone else moves on to the next challenge thus having survived! Participation points will only be given to brawlers who send their drabbles in on time. If I have to disqualify you, then no points will be given. When we get down to the last 6, one brawler will be eliminated per week. Participation points are given once, providing I have not had to disqualify you.

8. In the event of a tie, the drabble with the most amount of negative votes will be eliminated. At the other end of the spectrum, points will be shared by brawlers who tie for first place.

9. The overall winner of the Drabble Brawl will receive immense shinyness, bragging rights and ... oh, yeah, twenty points for their house. The second place runner up will receive fifteen points, and the third place contestant will receive ten. (This includes your participation points)The contestant who receives the most votes every week will earn five points for their house for that week.

10. Participants and viewers alike must have an open mind to all ships and ideas, including slash. Ratings for drabbles can be as high as 3rd-5th years and must have appropriate warnings, if necessary. If you are in any doubt about your subject matter/warnings etc then you must PM me.(Equinox Chick)

11. Drabbles must be between 200-500 words. MNFF SubmissionGuidelines still apply. Please double-check for grammar, and spelling. Equinox Chick is not your beta and will not format the story for you. If you do not name your drabble, I will title it "Untitled".

BE VERY AWARE that drabbles called Untitled can get confused with other drabbles called Untitled so I STRONGLY recommend that you title your drabble!

NOTE: You may not use betas. This is part due to the fact that betas give you an unfair advantage over drabblers who don't use betas, but also because you can't remain anonymous if someone has seen your drabble. There’s an honour system in place here, brawlers, but we also hear whispers ... so BEWARE!

12. Contestants may not post their drabbles anywhere until after the results are posted by the Barmaids. Failure to maintain anonymity will result in instant disqualification.

13. Mods may enter and not just for participation points. Because this is anonymous, you will be allowed to win.

If you've read and understand the rules make sure to add the words "Draco is not as hot as Khal Drogo" in your sign up form.

The Barmaids hope that you guys are looking forward to participating since it will be your peers judging your drabbles instead of just the old soaks who run the bar. On that note, like always, don’t forget it’s for fun! Any questions can be asked over at the Question Corner #6- Ask the Barmaid.

++Past Drabble Brawl Winners::

++Round 1:: Evester of Hufflepuff
    ::Round 2++ Azhure of Ravenclaw
    ++Round 3:: Uncompleted but it was between bothering snape, Equinox Chick and Eternalangel.
    Round 4 – Karaley Dargen of Gryffindor
    Round 5 – the opaleye of Slytherin
    Round 6 – theo paleye of Slytherin

I will open this thread for sign-ups at 8am (BST) Saturday 4th May and close when I have either 18 participants, or it is 6pm (BST) on Saturday 11th May, whichever is earliest. The first prompt will be posted on Sunday 12th May at 9am. You will be required to send in your first drabble by Thursday 16th May 8pm.

PHP Code:
    [b]Name: [/b
    [
    b]House:[/b
    [
    b]Favourite Potterverse Character:[/b
    [
    b]Brawling weapon of choice:[/b
    [
    b]Present you’d give to the barmaids (be creative):[/b
    Huge thank you to mugglemathdork who introduced this competition over four years ago and whose words I've only slightly adapted this time around.

So, get your head round this, and if you have any questions, then ask away!

Equinox Chick and hestiajones
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fifth Year Slytherin
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Name: Georgia
    House: Hissy Hissy
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Tom Riddle as a boy
    Brawling weapon of choice: a banana peel. Very slippery, you know.
    Present you’d give to the barmaids: the honor of giving my house three hundred points.

EDIT: Whopps. Draco is not as hot as Khal Drogo. I have no idea who Khal Drogo is, but no one is hotter than Draco.
    Last edited by Draco7052; 05-04-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    Georgia Duels!Georgia Drabbles!Georgia writes poetry!

completely Squeeable banner by Poojah. Isn't it amazing? Avvie by the amazing Julia/the opaleye

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Seeking Keys
    Name: Oregonian
    House: Slytherin
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Harry, of course
    Brawling Weapon of Choice: Throwing flagons of ale in people's faces
    Present you'd give to the barmaids: A basket of signature Oregon foods: hazelnuts (AKA filberts), marionberries (named for Marion County), winter pears (#1 U.S. pear producer), Tillamook cheese ('nuff said). If the barmaids are smart they will eat it themselves, not sell it to their customers. Draco is not as hot as Khal Drogo (who in the world is that?)
    Edit: Khal Drogo is a character from Game of Thrones
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 05-04-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Draco is not as hot as Khal Drogo -- as if there's even a competition.

Name: Abi
    House: Rawr, rawr Gryffindor!
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Tied between Luna and Dominique
    Brawling weapon of choice: Frying pan (Yep, I take my lessons from Rapunzel)
    Present you’d give to the barmaids (be creative): The pleasure of reading whatever nonsense I spew out =P And have some of the brownies I made.

~Abi~

This gorgeous banner is by TM_WandStick/Toni =)
    JOIN THE SBBC!
    ON HIATUS

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Name: eternalangel
    House: Ravenclaw
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Regulus Black
    Brawling weapon of choice: Katana. I love unconventional, cool weapons.
    Present you’d give to the barmaids (be creative): A whole thank you pie for doing all these great challenges ( it tastes suspiciously like banana cream pie).

Oh, and the Khaleesi says, "Draco is not as hot as Khal Drogo."
    And the Khaleesi should know.
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 05-07-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Banner of one of my favorite characters. Icon is a quote from Battlestar Galactica. Banner and icon by me.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Name: 1000whatever
    House: RaVeNcLaW
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Luna
    Brawling weapon of choice: MY MIND...although shurikens are neat too.
    Present you’d give to the barmaids (be creative): I shall give thee a pound of flesh, but not a jot of blood. And, erm, lots and lots of chocolate for Carole, and potatoes for Natalie to peel. And some cute, friendly Puffskeins. And as much free math tutoring as you want. (Which I suspect is none whatsoever.)

I live under a rock and haven't read or seen Game of Thrones, but Draco isn't particularly hot anyway, so I guess Khal Drago is probably hotter.

-on an extended hiatus (though may resurface with a poem or two occasionally)-
    Writing*Poeting*Dueling*Excerpting*Drabbling

Banner by Julia and entertaining avvie designed by minnabird and inspired by an unsuspecting Wren...

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Name: Maple_and_PheonixFeather
    House: Gryffindor
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Snape, Lupin, and Teddy
    Brawling weapon of choice: MY BARE HANDS!
    Present you’d give to the barmaids (be creative): Sleep, because everyone can use some more sleep.

Carole once told me that Draco is not as hot as Khal Drogo. I think she may be crazy

You need to see the Khal in action, then you'd agree.
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 05-07-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    Name: Lily
    House: Hufflepuff
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Sirius, James, and Remus (they come as a set)
    Brawling weapon of choice: Salt, iron, and a Devil's Trap
    Present you’d give to the barmaids (be creative): David Tennant.

Supposedly, Draco is not as hot as Khal Drago, but I've got no idea who Khal Drago is so can't say...
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Crouch attacked Krum!
    Name: Theo Paleye
    House: Slytherin
    Favourite Potterverse Character: Dudley
    Brawling weapon of choice: a handful of dust
    Present you’d give to the barmaids (be creative): My presence.

Draco is not as hot as Khal Drogo but his hair is as luscious as Danys...

TAKE THAT BACK! Danys' hair is more like Mr Luscious-Locks Lucius
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 05-07-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Digging a Diary Out of the Toilet
    Name:** Nagini Riddle
    House:* Gryffindor (tentatively signing up)
    Favourite*Potterverse*Character:* Umm... Merope
    Brawling*weapon*of*choice:* My awesome fangs
    Present*you’d*give*to*the*barmaids*(be*creative):* Gosh, I think I would compose poetry in their honor and then present them with a big bottle of Firewhiskey...

Draco is not as hot as Khal Drogo (whoever that is)
    Banner by Nadia and avvie by me