Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Voldemort

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Protecting Scabbers from Crookshanks
    Originally posted by DracoGurlFurever:

Hm, I always thought the snakelike features were an unfortunate side effect of the Dark magic that Riddle was into - I never really got the feeling from reading the books that Voldemort would have wanted snakelike features.
    I have to agree. Besides, when Voldemort came to apply for the DADA, he must have made around 3 Horcruxes - the Diary, the Cup and the Ring. Although, this doesn't have to be true as nothing in canon says when he made each Horcrux.

I do, think, actually, that if Voldemort could choose he would probably pick the good looks as opposed to snakelike features, if only because he knows how "weak" people can be when confronted with someone who's just...aesthetically pleasing, if you know what I mean. Being good-looking would be another one of the many ways he uses to manipulate people into doing what he wants.
    I dunno. I think, Voldemort wouldn't really need his good looks by this point. His attractiveness was necessary in the beginning. But later on, he could have been equally happy with his snake-like looks as they seemed to unnerve people, even scare them.
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Crouch attacked Krum!
    I seem to remember in HBP when Harry and Dumbledore are discussing the memory in which Voldemort asks Dumbledore for a job at Hogwarts, that Dumbledore points out his changing appearance in relation to Horcruxes. I always got the impression that his looks changed because he had begun to make Horcruxes. His features became snake-like because he was ripping his soul multiple times.

This is apparent in this excerpt from the chapter 'Horcruxes' from HBP. Dumbledore is speaking to Harry after seeing the real Slughorn memory.

He was referring to his Horcruxes, Horcruxes in the plural, Harry, which I do not believe any other wizard has ever had. Yet it fitted: Lord Voldemort had seemed to grow less human with the passing years, and the transformation he had undergone seemed to me to be only explicable if his soul was mutilated beyond the realms of what we might call usual evil...

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?

DNA mother of Voldemort's children

Hi everyone, I hope the title to my post didn't scare you too much.

Anyway, I'm writing a crack fic about Voldemort having children. I don't imagine him actually having sexual relations with any woman, so his children are basically test tube babies (or whatever the nearest wizarding equivalent is).

So I'm wondering who Voldemort would tap to be the genetic mother of his children? Bellatrix? Too obvious? Remember that this is crack fic, so weird suggestions are more than welcome.

Elven Egyptian Princess
    What did you think Aida Luthien meant? Haven't you heard of Verdi or read Tolkein?

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by AidaLuthien
    Hi everyone, I hope the title to my post didn't scare you too much.

Anyway, I'm writing a crack fic about Voldemort having children. I don't imagine him actually having sexual relations with any woman, so his children are basically test tube babies (or whatever the nearest wizarding equivalent is).

So I'm wondering who Voldemort would tap to be the genetic mother of his children? Bellatrix? Too obvious? Remember that this is crack fic, so weird suggestions are more than welcome.

Elven Egyptian Princess
    What did you think Aida Luthien meant? Haven't you heard of Verdi or read Tolkein?
    Who amongst the major or middle of the road characters is going to be dead already in your story? Also, what is the general timeframe of your story as compared to the books, such as immediately after he 'wins' (I'm assuming that this story will be wildly AU), or even an actual year? That might help narrow down the list a little of actual canon characters.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Maybe I should just keep this discussion to my story thread in Skele-gro here.

As far as timeline though, I think Voldemort decides to have children a few months after winning. I don't know how long it would take for the super complicated magic to work out though.

As for who is dead - major 'good' people are dead, but I imagine Percy interceding on the behalf of the Weasleys, who are mostly imprisoned but kept alive.

Elven Egyptian Princess

What do you think Aida Luthien means? Haven't you heard of Verdi or read Tolkein?

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?

Voldemort's title after winning the war?

So I'm back with another question for my crack!fic.

At the moment, Voldemort has the title *cough cough*:

Lord High Hegemon Super Duper Extreme of wizarding Britain and the Dark Lord Voldemort.

Obviously, remember this is crack!fic. In addition, Snape (who is alive in this version, for reasons basically boiling down to: I like Snape and Someone has to be the rational, reasonable character in this fic) suggested it, mostly to piss him off. They were all drunk at the time, Snape just less drunk.

Is the title too ridiculous? I know it's pretty weird. Is "Hegemon" too absurd? I'm willing to exchange "hegemon" for something else weird particularly if it's culturally ridiculous (with regards to Britain) like "Maharaja" or "Tsar" or "Kaiser" or "Sultan" or... anything else along those lines. "Yellow Emperor Huangdi"??

Elven Egyptian Princess
    What? What did you think Aida Luthien meant?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Throughout the series we learn that Tom Riddle's ultimate goal is to defeat death and live forever. He does not want to die.
    So if he hypothetically defeated death once again and returned, would it seem out of character to give him a new motivation?
    Like, the complete and utter destruction of Harry Potter and the wizarding world in revenge for his defeat at Hogwarts?
    Would it be more believable if he had a backup plan of some sort?
    Thanks!
    ~Gina

Hokey
    I think Riddle/Voldemort would do anything and everything to stay alive, he wouldn't give up easy. So, he would not "accept" dying when he is killed by Harry in DH (there's no Vader moment where he becomes good towards the end or anything...) which brings me to that if you believe in such things, he would not "move on into the next world" because he wouldn't accept that he had died. Like ghosts, that cling to this world for some reason, I think he could do something similar (although having him come back as a ghost would be incredibly lame.)
    His goal or motivation has almost always been to destroy Harry, but because he needs his blood to be resurrected etc. So destroying Harry for destroying's sake... might be hard to motivate. But if you'd have something along the lines of that he did really die, but can't move on until he's come back and had his revenge, it might be more plausible.
    I also don't think it would OOC at all for Riddle to have other backup plans, if the Horcruxes were to be found.

~Jen

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    I also don't think it would OOC at all for Riddle to have other backup plans, if the Horcruxes were to be found.
    Hm, not a backup plan for Horcruxes, but another goal in mind besides revenge. See, I can picture him practically insane after so much soul-splitting/dying/returning - and yet another defeat by Harry Potter. So I can imagine him bent on just destroying Harry - and not just killing him, but breaking him, his family, his friends, his life, his entire world. Taking out everyone in the wizarding world in retaliation - complete destruction.
    And then perhaps moving on to begin his rise to power somewhere else, leaving behind a broken England.
    Does that make sense? I guess I'm feeling particularly bloodthirsty, lol.
    Thanks again!
    ~Gina

Hokey
    Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood you there But yes, I think that would be likely. And as you said, if he wanted revenge on Harry, he wouldn't settle with just killing him - by looking at what he did to the kids at the orphanage we know that he likes taking things (then it was yoyo's, now maybe friends/wives/kids...) to display his power.
    I'm actually taking a course now which involves a book by Michel Foucault. He specifically claims that power is not something that you can just have, it's something you perform. Just a little sidestep there But yeah, what I mean is that it's the things Voldemort does that give him power, so by shaking Britain I think he can up his chances to take over Greece, or whatever he decides.
    Anyhoo! I can really see this happening. A fic about it could be terrifically dark
    Good luck!

~Jen