Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Voldemort

Lovemagic
    Hi guys!

So do you think he lived inside the magical world e.g. Hogsmeade, Knockturn Alley, or would he live in between muggles and wizards alike in London?

I wonder what you think about his salary- ten galleons maybe? Because if that's the case, and Tom didn't want to live in a charity room and bought (or made, don't know which) a house, then where would he have gotten the money? And how big would the house be?

About his O.W.L.s, how many do you think he had? I remember Ron unknowingly tease about it in CoS- something like "...maybe he save a teacher from the giant squid or got 30 owls..". We know getting 30 O.W.L.s is about impossible, but I want him to have more than 12 (Barty Crouch said his son just achieved 12 owls and he is very proud- GoB).

Do you think that he was already so smart that he signed up for more classes than possible to attend, but his teachers (mostly Slughorn) set up a system for him so that he only had to go to the very important ones (Potions, DADA) and just skip off the lesser ones? And when he took exams, he would already be smart enough to know everything without studying... I'm getting a bit... It's possible, he was Slughorn's class pet.

Did he murder Caractacus Burke for some reason?

Hayden

Raffles
    Hello^^

So do you think he lived inside the magical world e.g. Hogsmeade, Knockturn Alley, or would he live in between muggles and wizards alike in London?

I think that he would definitely live in the Wizarding World, due to his hatred to all things Muggles.
    And I'm not sure Tom would like to take a charity-room above the shop. He never liked to depend on others; he would have prefered to somehow find himself something where he can be independent and doesn't have to rely on others.
    I suppose that's true I didn't think of it that way.

I'm not sure, but are there Wizarding blocks of flats? Like Muggle ones, just... Wizarding? Because if so, I think he might choose to live in one of those. I can't see him living in a house really. He just works as a shop assistant. I think that the salary would be too low. I'm sorry I can't really say anything about the money though 10 galleons sounds good^^

Well if you really want him to live in a house maybe he could secretly buy and sell some merchandize himself and keep the money... Or, well he was really popular at the ministry that time, so maybe he could have gotten a job there (then your story would have to be AU though...) Or it could just be a really small really cheap house. Or maybe he could have saved up for it for a long time

Do you think that he was already so smart that he signed up for more classes than possible to attend, but his teachers (mostly Slughorn) set up a system for him so that he only had to go to the very important ones (Potions, DADA) and just skip off the lesser ones? And when he took exams, he would already be smart enough to know everything without studying... I'm getting a bit... It's possible, he was Slughorn's class pet.

I think that his smartness is like Hermione's (just he is a lot more cunning and evil...) , so I think he would have gotten the same results and I think that he would have taken the same subject that Harry chose.

Slughorn did like him a lot. So I think that if Tom asked him for it, he would have made it possible for him to do so (I mean Slughorn even gave Tom the info to become Britain's most wanted Wizard)
    Just leaves the though, if Tom would really want to skip the lesser subjects. It always seemed to me that he wanted to learn everything (that could help him become the best wizard EVER) and so I think he would have attended each class.

I don't think that he would have been smart enough at the exams without taking part in classes. As before, Hermione was the smartest in her year and she still needed to study a lot. Even if Tom were smarter he would still have to have a source of all the knowledge.

Did he murder Caractacus Burke for some reason?
    Possibly I did mention this as a possibility, this is not a canon event, but maybe Burke found out about something Tom didn't want him too. His future plans, his past murders, his knowledge of horcruxes or something else and he needed to vanish... forever!
    Just some thoughts which I hope helped

~Raffles

EDIT: I thought of something else. He came from a pretty wealthy family right? (motherly sides that is)
    and maybe they could have left him a lot of money, which he could have used to find somewhere to live. I read somewhere that this was the money he used to pay his education in Hogwarts

Momo Wellish

Voldy questions

I was just going over aspects of everyone's favorite dark lord and was wondering about these two things:

1. Did Voldemort have Nagini in the first war?

2. Is Voldemort's face distorted because he is in a body created from dark magic, or was it that way in the first war because of his happy things? (horcruxes)

Nez
    1. Did Voldemort have Nagini in the first war?
    I don't think there's any mention of her being there in the first war, so I suppose you could take it whichever way you wish to go. However, she wasn't a Horcrux at least until he about the beginning of GoF.

2. Is Voldemort's face distorted because he is in a body created from dark magic, or was it that way in the first war because of his happy things? (horcruxes)
    Heh. His happy things Well, his face was getting more and more distorted before he disappeared. His eyes were already red when he came to ask Dumbledore for the DADA position. I suppose he was pretty much the way he came out of the cauldron; maybe he still had a normal nose before, though. The evil magic with which he was vreated probably didn't do much for his looks

EDIT: I thought of something else. He came from a pretty wealthy family right? (motherly sides that is)
    and maybe they could have left him a lot of money, which he could have used to find somewhere to live. I read somewhere that this was the money he used to pay his education in Hogwarts
    I'm quite sure that's not true; the Gaunts have spent all their family gold generations before even Marvolo. Remember, his mother sold the locket for ten galleons, probably just to get food. And before she ran away, her family lived in an old, crumbling, dirty cottage. There's a fund for students who can't pay for their own books and things at Hogwarts; Dumbledore mentions it when he sees young Tom at the orphanage.

Also, I'd wager Riddle was smarter than Hermione. I suppose he could have passed most of his exams without studying much. If he wanted to, he could use a time-turner like Hermione did to go to more lessons. I'd say he must have got at least 12 O.W.L.s, and all of them Os, at that. But after that, he might find regular classes a waste of his time. He probably surpassed most of his teachers before he even got to newt-level.

Oh, and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to have him live in an apartment above the shop. After all, he'd want to blend in, and he probably didn't see the job as a life-long career anyway.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    As all of us probably know, there is an abundance of "Voldemort's Daughter/Son" fics floating out there in the fanfiction world. I find the idea of Voldemort fathering children ridiculous, since he was not concerned with having an heir in the first place (as he wanted immortality instead), and wasn't exactly known for being the loving sort.

But, motivations aside, I have a question pertaining to this. Do you think the resurrected Voldemort was even physically capable of reproducing? When reborn from the cauldron in GoF, his body was quite twisted and nose-less, but do you think he was even reborn with... properly functioning manly equipment?

Also, does anyone have any idea as to what Voldemort's ears looked like? In his post-GoF, did he even have ears or were they just little holes on the side of his head?

Tim the Enchanter

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Enchanter
    But, motivations aside, I have a question pertaining to this. Do you think the resurrected Voldemort was even physically capable of reproducing? When reborn from the cauldron in GoF, his body was quite twisted and nose-less, but do you think he was even reborn with... properly functioning manly equipment?
    I'm not sure I want to know why you're asking this...

I guess if Voldemort really wanted to, he could probably, er, make it work. But I'm thinking that if he couldn't be bothered (or wasn't able to) get his face put together correctly, then it's not likely that the less visible bits came out any better.

Also, does anyone have any idea as to what Voldemort's ears looked like? In his post-GoF, did he even have ears or were they just little holes on the side of his head?
    I'd go with earless. His post-resurrection head seems to be pretty much skin wrapped around his skull.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    He's said to resemble a snake so I think he'd be earless.

Hmmm, perhaps his erm ... functioning bits are reptilian as well. Poor Bellatrix could be in for rather a disappointment.

Regarding him ever having had children, although I sincerely doubtr he could have had any after he was reborn, I think he possibly had sex at some point. He's not loving, by any means, but he can certainly turn on the charm (see him with Hepzibah). He'd use women - if he wanted to.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Dinx_Skylarx
    I think his area would look about the same as the angels from Dogma.

And if it does look like that i am going to get a big fail sticker and place it where his gonads should be.

Do you hope Tom made a 9th horcrux and is still alive somewhere?

lupins_girl2006
    Ok. So I usually don't post in these threads only because I can never keep up with them.

But doesn't one of the memories shown to Harry in HBP show that Voldemort's face already started to change when he came to try to get the DADA job a second time?

So maybe his face looking snakelike is exactly what he wanted. Perhaps when he was destroyed into that spirit thing he already had the snakelike face.

Just my two knuts.

~Allieatrix

DracoGurlFurever
    Hm, I always thought the snakelike features were an unfortunate side effect of the Dark magic that Riddle was into - I never really got the feeling from reading the books that Voldemort would have wanted snakelike features.

I do, think, actually, that if Voldemort could choose he would probably pick the good looks as opposed to snakelike features, if only because he knows how "weak" people can be when confronted with someone who's just...aesthetically pleasing, if you know what I mean. Being good-looking would be another one of the many ways he uses to manipulate people into doing what he wants.