Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Voldemort

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

The only way I can see Voldemort having a child is in the "this is the only way to stay immortal"-way. Maybe he would have felt lust earlier, but the way I see Voldemort, he didn't feel much after his "rebirth" in GoF.

I can easily picture Bellatrix agreeing to give birth to Voldemorts child; we can see in the books that she adores/loves him. However, I somehow can't picture them actually sleeping with each other. I'm thinking of some kind of magical in vitro fertilisation.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

iamlordvoldemort

The Dark Lord - OOC?

Hello everybody! I have a couple questions about Voldemort because I'm writing a story and it's beginning to wander into OOC territory.

Would the Dark Lord be willing to accept the fact that he is jealous of Harry Potter (if, in fact, he was?). In a reflective context - Harry Potter is dead, and Voldemort is just thinking. He wouldn't have to admit it out loud, but does it sound at all out-of-character? Do you think that he is just barely human enough to feel the emotion of jealousy and longing?

Another Voldy question - the story is sort of Voldemort finding out more about himself after the AU death of Harry Potter. You know, learning to like himself. Would it be OOC if by the end, he changes his name back to Tom Marvolo Riddle?

Basically wondering how many of you out there believe that Voldemort has a human side to him--

Thoughts?

Lovemagic

Tom Riddle

Hello Everyone!

I need you guys' opinion on Tom Riddle's life and all.

How many O.W.L.s do you think he earned? Which subjects would he have chosen for his 6th and 7th years? I know he was Prefect, Head Boy, winner of the Award for Special Services to the school, Magical Merit, so on... But I want to know what his full achievements might have been.

How old was Tom when he got a job at Borgin and Burkes? How old when Hepzibah Smith showed him the locket and cup? When he resigned his post and vanished?

Any additional information can be added, too... I need anything that isn't obvious in the books (like 'Tom Riddle opened the Chamber of Secrets and framed dear old Hagrid')

Please give me your opinions!
    Hayden/Lovemagic

Seventh Year Gryffindor

Why don't you try this thread instead? I think you might get more answers there.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Raffles
    Hello^^

How many O.W.L.s do you think he earned?
    Well as you said, he was a model student and all, so I think he would have gotten 'O' on everything or maybe one or two 'E's

Which subjects would he have chosen for his 6th and 7th years?
    Well, definitely not Muggle studies. Maybe DADA, and potions.

How old was Tom when he got a job at Borgin and Burkes?
    I can't name an age, but this was after he returned to britain from Albania (where he turned Ravenclaw's Diadem into a horcrux). He was offered positions in the ministry but he refused those and went to work at Borgin and Burkes. I think he chose this job so he could rob rich families of their heirlooms (well not rob, but buy cheaply ). I think he did this to find other candidates for his horcruxes.

(I suppose he could have been 20?)

How old when Hepzibah Smith showed him the locket and cup?
    Well this was during his time working for Borgin and Burkes.

When he resigned his post and vanished?
    I think this was directly after he murdered Lady Smith.

Any additional information can be added, too... I need anything that isn't obvious in the books (like 'Tom Riddle opened the Chamber of Secrets and framed dear old Hagrid')
    Well something that I read and found quite interesting is that he was born on New Years eve (1926). Also Voldemort means "flight from death" in french. His boggart is death... (he see's this as being shameful)

Hope I helped, if even just a bit (:

~Raffles

(I got some of this information from wikipedia and lexicon)

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    From Slughorn's memory in Half Blood Prince we can assume that he took NEWT level Potions. (I'm pretty sure that he killed his Father after his 5th Year and he was wearing the ring in the memory.)

The murders used to create his Horcruxes are

Ring : His Father
    Diary : Moaning Myrtle
    Cup : Hepizibah Smith
    Locket : A Muggle tramp (as hard as I find this to believe it is Canon)
    Diadam : An Albanian Peasant
    Nagini : Bertha Jorkins

Lovemagic
    Thanks for your help!

I'm writing a little fiction for myself and one of the characters is my most favortie character in the whole series: Tom Riddle.

He has to live somewhere before he vanishes off the face of earth, sooo...

I want to know if you think that Tom would live in a little cottage on the countryside, or a far corner in hogsmeade, or maybe in Knockturn Alley (if they have any houses there- probably not, but... ).

He can't have very much money if his cheekbones are hollowed after he leaves school, being unable to feed himself often, but what kind of house to you think he would buy, or make? And maybe his salary would be about 10 galleons a week, maybe?

Please post and tell me what you think!

Hayden

Raffles
    I was thinking that the owners of Borgin and Burkes could have a little flat on top of the shop (like Fred and George). I think they could have offered Tom a room or so (maybe not so cheaply).

I then had another idea that just popped in my mind^^ In the books Mr. Borgin seems to operate the shop by himself, however I think it was Caractacus Burke (Caractacus is from the welsh word 'caradog' which means beloved^^) who hired Tom Riddle to work at his shop. He also seemed to have vanished from the face of the earth. Maybe Riddle could have had something to do with that?
    Just a quick though (:

Hope that helped
    ~Raffles

edit:
    Locket : A Muggle tramp (as hard as I find this to believe it is Canon)
    I always thought the cup as well as the locket came from Hepizibah Smith?

Seventh Year Gryffindor

No – she may have had them, but you can only make one Horcrux per murder. Rowling states this in a q&a webchat which you can find on the bloomsbury homepage.

Lady Bella: Whose murders did Voldemort use to create each of the horcruxes?

J.K. Rowling: The diary — Moaning Myrtle. The cup — Hepzibah Smith, the previous owner. The locket — a Muggle tramp. Nagini — Bertha Jorkins (Voldemort could use a wand once he regained a rudimentary body, as long as the victim was subdued). The diadem — an Albanian peasant. The ring — Tom Riddle snr.

And I'm not sure Tom would like to take a charity-room above the shop. He never liked to depend on others; he would have prefered to somehow find himself something where he can be independent and doesn't have to rely on others.

Ellynia
    I think he would be settling for independent digs in London, near or right by his place of work. I think as long as it wasn't the orphanage, he would be satisfied. Just living amongst other wizards. I think he was still playing his demure and quiet act at this stage and would enjoy playing the role of the "lowly assistant". He's just biding his time.