Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Voldemort

zazzy7
    Hello! This may sound like a silly/stupid question, but do you think Voldemort would have a forked tongue? Possibly because of his reptilian appearance he would have snake-like qualities like a forked tongue.

Thanks for your input!

DayDreamingInAugust
    This is the most amazing question in the world and I now love you for it.

I would love this more in than the world to be true! It would make my life complete.

But I think to him a forked tongue, he has to be part snake. And he's not, is he? *is confused* Or he cuts his tongue with some scissors then that would explain it. Besides that, I'm really not sure. However, it would be amazing if he did.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Well, he did in the movie. You can see it when he's talking to Harry, pinned up against the graveyard statue. It's creepy.

As for the books - well, his entire appearance changed, didn't it? His eyes, his nose, even his skin, fingers, and lips. I can't recall anything about his tongue, but if everything else about him changed and became more snake-like, why not his tongue? I could see it happening for lots of reasons.

Hope that helps a little,
    ~Gina

zazzy7
    EWW. That is just freaky. Thanks for letting me know because personally I have always been too freaked out to watch the end of GoF.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I don't think he did because it's not mentioned.Practically everything else about his appearance is talked about (the reptilian eyes, the head, the waxy skin and no nose) but not his tongue.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

I think the reason why it's never mentioned is that it's his tongue. What exactly do you know about other people's tongues? It's not like he'd run around snogging people or sticking his tongue out at everyone.

However, I still don't think it'd be forked. you need the tip of your tongue to pronounce stuff properly and it's never mentioned that Voldemort has a lisp.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karaley Dargen
    I think the reason why it's never mentioned is that it's his tongue. What exactly do you know about other people's tongues? It's not like he'd run around snogging people or sticking his tongue out at everyone.

However, I still don't think it'd be forked. you need the tip of your tongue to pronounce stuff properly and it's never mentioned that Voldemort has a lisp.
    ... although the idea of Voldemort running around snogging people would make a nice crack!fic, perhaps. "Voldemort just ran up to me and Snogged me! Ewwwww."

On a more serious note, Voldemort might not have a lisp, but he does hiss stuff an awful lot. Would having a forked tongue make the hissing... necessary, maybe?
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Bizarre
    Quote Originally Posted by zazzy7
    but do you think Voldemort would have a forked tongue?
    I think he would have, because why would everything else on his body be mutated except his tounge? Also like AidaLuthien pointed out he hisses alot...so either he has a lisp or there is a snake-like quality effecting his speech. Probably his tounge?

I vote YES

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I think he would have, because why would everything else on his body be mutated except his tounge?
    He doesn't have a nose and his eyes are red, but he still has arms, legs and proper skin (albeit waxy but his skin was always pale) that he doesn't shed in one great long skin. Not much has actually mutated into a snake-like form. I think if he had a forked tongue it would have been noted by Harry. Snake tongues are very long and he would have noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aida
    On a more serious note, Voldemort might not have a lisp, but he does hiss stuff an awful lot.
    Does he? In DH - The Dark Lord Ascending - the majority of the dialogue tags are plain old boring 'said'. As far as his voice goes, we're always told it is high pitched. (A high, clear voice in DH) It is the film where he seems to have a hiss, because Fiennes speaks the lines in a low, whispering voice.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Justice

Volemort and Quirrell

I was just wondering what peoples' thoughts were on: Voldemort living off Professor Quirrell in the Sorcererís Stone and Snape trying to prevent him from getting the stone. Do you think Voldemort remembers living off Quirrell and how Snape tried to prevent him from getting the stone? And, if he does, do you think he gave Snape a hard time when he came back in Goblet of Fire? Did Voldemort question Snape's loyalty because of his actions toward Quirrell in Sorcererís Stone? It's just something that has been kicking around my mind and I wanted to see what other people thoughts are.