Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voldemort

Hybrid View

moroccanandproud

Voldemort

I'm writing a MWPP fic, and I have Voldemort show up in one of the scenes. He's asking Lily to work for him, doing things that aren't strictly Death Eater. Here's what I have written:

“Join my followers, and you will become my right hand woman. I will make sure you receive the most respect of any witch ever deemed worthy of it. You could be very valuable to me, and I could be very valuable to you.”

“In what ways?” I asked.

“I’ll keep you alive,” he replied.

“How will I be valuable to you?”

“Well, Miss Evans, men have certain…needs, and – ”
    How do you think I should change the last line to make it fit Voldemort's personality?

Vorona
    Okay...

Well, um...

You have a couple of big problems here. The first is that Lily is a Muggleborn, and everyone knows it (i.e. Snape calls her Mudblood). Even assuming Voldemort was only using the pureblood prejudice to attract purebloods, he wouldn't overtly court a Muggleborn.

The second problem is... I just don't see *Voldemort* as a sexual being. That's not as big of a problem, since it's a personal feeling on the matter, but I think by the time he's made himself into Lord Voldemort, he's sort of decided to distance himself from all that. I think the only things that matter to him at that point in his "life" are immortality, power, and fear, in that order.

meryal
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorona
    I think the only things that matter to him at that point in his "life" are immortality, power, and fear, in that order.
    I agree that he's spent so much time trying to dehumanize himself and separating himself from anyone else that he's not very likely to like Lily in that way. Voldemort is all about trying to separate himself from being human, and having a relationship would get in the way of that. Also, is even Lily pretty enough to overcome her being a 'mudblood'? However is there another reason he would want to keep her alive? Perhaps her potions skills? If he had managed to hear about him anyway. Just a thought.

red and gold
    Hi!

I was thinking that Voldemort is a user of people. I could possibly see him not overtly, but covertly, pursuing Lily Evans. One reason being her Potions skill. Voldemort does not have friends, does not seek out anyone for any other reason than to benefit himself or to further his plans. He would have to need her or her ability for a certain reason, especially as it's known she's a Mudblood. (As Vorona and meryal pointed out earlier.)

As to the final line of your excerpt, I don't personally think that Voldemort has needs, per say, because he had already split his soul and was on the road to becoming less human by the time of the Marauders. I can, however, see him using women erm, intimately - so to speak - *blushes* as a ways and means of humiliation, control, domination, etc. (That sounds so bad, but I don't mean the Professor rated type of humilition, etc.)
    *blushes again*

Voldemort can be charming when it suits him, as Dumbledore pointed out and as we saw in the memory about Tom Riddle and Hepzibah Smith. So, I can see him Charming a woman into his er, bedchambers, but not for need fulfillment. It would be more a matter of worming his way into a woman's emotions and create a bond between the two of them in that way.

I really think a way like that might work better with a noble, brave woman like Lily. She threw herself in front of a Death Curse to protect her child. She is not one to take well to death threats and Voldemort would find out soon enough that she is not to be coerced in that manner.

On the other hand, when Dumbledore showed Harry the memory of Tom Riddle coming to his office to apply for the DADA teaching position, Tom was no longer the handsome man he once was. His facial features appeared "waxy and blurred" if I remember that right.

(I would check the Lexicon to determine his appearance during the time of the Marauders since I don't want to lead you astray here.)

So, to sum up: I believe Voldemort would need something of Lily that would force him to seek out a Mudblood and he would need to really pour on the humbleness or charm to seduce her - not to fulfill his needs, but to secretly dominate or humiliate her into staying with him.

This is a very intriguing idea of Voldemort and Lily - I hope I was able to help a little bit!

~Andrea

hansolohpfrk
    Hmm, Voldemort and Lily.

It is an intriguing idea.

But, are you taking it into an actual romance, or Voldemort having, *hem*, feelings of lust, or is he just using her to get to someone?

If you were taking it into romance, I'm not quite sure it would work unless you made it the slowest fic of all fics. Voldemort isn't the type to fall in love with someone. At all. So, the only way to do this is to really take it slow.

The second option would be only a tiny bit more plausible. Does he really want to forgo his pride in Purebloods for Lily Evans? I'm sure if he really wanted to, er, do something, he'd have "better" ways of doing it than trying to charm her into doing said activities.

The third would be most like Voldemort and fits that excerpt. He would try to charm her, toy with her emotions, to try to get to someone she's close to (Dumbledore), or to use her abilities (Potions, etc.) as an asset. I agree with what red and gold says here:

I really think a way like that might work better with a noble, brave woman like Lily. She threw herself in front of a Death Curse to protect her child. She is not one to take well to death threats and Voldemort would find out soon enough that she is not to be coerced in that manner.
    Lily is strong and able, and I'm curious to say what she says next.

This is a good idea of yours!

PM me with the link when it's validated!

--Hanni

moroccanandproud
    Thanks to everyone for all your help, I knew there was something off about that part, I just couldn't quite tell what. What you've all said makes sense, thank you! I've changed up the request a little bit, it's the first time Lily "defies" Voldemort, and here's how it's worded now:

“Join my followers, and you will become my right hand <i>woman</i>. I will make sure you receive the most respect of any witch ever deemed worthy of it. You could be very valuable to me, and I could be very valuable to you.”

“In what ways?” I asked as Voldemort motioned for Malfoy to let go of me.

“I’ll keep you alive,” he replied.

“How would I be valuable to you?”

“I have heard from some very reliable servants that your skill in Potions outshines any other’s. There are some potions I would like made for me, and according to said informants, you are the smartest choice to make them.”
    If you have any adjustments to make, please tell me =].

kathyhermy123
    lily_meet_ginny, I think that your suggestion is very likely. However, I feel that it would be more a matter of prudence than of arrogance - it would be the highest level of foolishness to move all forces to one point and expect that there were no other rebellious souls in England.

~Kathy

wewillmissyou
    I gree with I LUV MOONY, I doubt Voldemort would have a Patronus! But if you really want him to have one it would be a snake..

Stubbornly_appeared

Arrow Patronous and Lily and World Domination- oh, my!

Okay, first things first (and I may be behind the times here):

I really don't think Voldemort would have sexual relations with anyone. The only reason I could see would be for toture, but a Crucio works as well. Unless he wanted something more henious then that, as rape pretty much is....

As for a Patronous, riddle (pardon the pun) me this- what would the dementors suck from him? Since none of his happy memories would be the sort of thing they would want to take away... would he need a Patronous?

And on the topic of him taking over the world. Of course he would of, I'm sure, but after he had completely destroyed England and Harry. Also, it takes some time to get around. As of DH, he's really only been back in a body for 3.5 years. Grindelwald never made it out of Germany/eastern Europe, and people in England have heard of him. Imagine how much everyone around the world fears Voldemort. Compare how Americans felt about Hitler/Saddam Hussien. Plus, in Potterwatch, they mentioned Voldemort sightings abroad (when he was looking for the Deathstick). So he moves around a bit.

Of course, you do have a fair bit of creative license, but it's always good to keep nicely in canon.

-Stubby

queen fan
    Quote Originally Posted by wewillmissyou
    I gree with I LUV MOONY, I doubt Voldemort would have a Patronus! But if you really want him to have one it would be a snake..
    Voldemort wouldn't even need a patronus. Patronus's are meant to protect you from dementors, they are on his side. Why would they be attacking him? The only other thing a patronus is used for, is sending messages. Dumbledore invented that for the OOTP, and only they know how to conjure that. But if Voldemort would have a patronus, the patronus would be a snake. He talks to snakes, part of him is in a snake (horcrux=nagini), and he has a snakelike heir (I think?).