The Third SPEW Summer Story Swap!
THE SPEW SUMMER STORY SWAP IS BACK!
We haven't done this since 2008 because of the 007, and it's a fantastic exchange so I can't wait to do it again! I love it because it makes it feel like summer even when it's freezing cold here and I'm trying to stay warm under piles of blankets. Damn you northern hemispherians :p Your stories do not have to be specifically summer-related, feel free to request whatever you wish!
Sign-ups run from now until the night of May 10 (for the Americans), and assignments will be sent out within a day or two.
Stories are due July 24th, and will be posted beginning July 25th.
Sign-Up Guidelines / Rules:
- Post your request in this thread by Tuesday, May 10th.
- Also include limits for what you're unwilling to write. Any ratings, characters, pairings, warnings or genres. Please try to be flexible with your limits/requests.
- Requests should not contain anything inappropriate for MNFF.
- Do not request a fic if you are not absolutely sure you will be able to take the time to write one for someone else. If you have to pull out due to unforseen circumstances, then please notify me as soon as possible so that I can arrange for another story to be written.
- I will send out assignments on May 11th.
- This is a SECRET swap. Don't let anyone know who you're writing for. If, of course, you use a SPEWer as your beta then they might figure it out, but they're forbidden from saying anything either.
- Use this format for your request post:
If possible, include a couple of characters, pairings and prompts that you would like to see written. Please, nothing too complicated or specific; writers need room to work.
Limitations: (On what you can write)
Submission Guidelines / Rules:
- The story must be beta'd. There are no exceptions. Don't PM to ask if it's really mandatory, I'll say that it is.
- All stories should be rated appropriately for the person recieving it [meaning their taste, not their age.] If you're writing for someone who does not generally venture into 6th-7th Years / Professors, then do not write that kind of fic. Also, this pertains to content and warnings, as well.
- If you wish to include smut and you know the person you're writing for will enjoy reading it, then you may write it. ;)
- When submitting your story, please include this header:
<b>Warnings (if any):</b>
- If desired, please also include a note from you to your recipient.
- Stories should include all HTML tags [<i>italics</i>, <b>bold</b>, etc;]
- Stories should be PM'd or emailed to me [Jennifer / jenny b] by the due-date.
- If your story contains any words that may be editted by the forum censor, you must email it to me, or else make a very obvious note to me at the top of your PM, so that I can edit before posting.
- If you email it to me, please send it as an attachment. Do not put the text in the body of the e-mail. (If you need my e-mail address, either PM me or use your stalking abilities to find it on my profile/LJ/somewhere.)
Stories must be submitted by July 24th.
They will be posted starting July 25th.
This thread is for requests only; if you have a question, PM or IM me.