Featured Author for February
Our featured author for February is Vorona!
Her author’s page can be found here.
- You must review the featured author for it to count as your monthly activity requirement.
- Post the link to your review here - you may also post it in the November review thread for credit as a review.
- Questions in this thread are not part of the monthly requirement, but they are greatly encouraged. Also, they must have something to do with the subject of writing.
February Discussion: Influences on Your Writing
This month we're going to talk about people/works that have an influence on how you write - writers learn how to write well through reading, and I know most of us here are avid readers. Do you think you emulate a certain writer's style when writing? When writing fanfiction, does JKR's style influence you more than when you're writing OF (if you do)? Are there other fanfiction writers whose style you admire and would love to try someday?
Just basic questions to start you off, feel free to answer all of them or none at all. :)
February Drabble Challenge
Since I'm sure you're all sick of writing sickeningly sweet love stories for our current story exchange, this February we are having nothing like that for our drabble challenge. ;)
Write a drabble that is character-centric and doesn't focus on love or relationships of any type - romantic, platonic, or sexual.
- Drabble can be between 250-800 words.
- Content should not be any higher than a 3rd-5th Years rating.
- All content that would require a warning on the MNFF Archive should be labelled appropriately.
- This thread is for responses only. If you have a question, PM me.
- Responses must be posted by January 31st.
- Please post using this format:
- As with all activities within the SPEW forum, this challenge is open only to SPEW members.