SPEW Spooky Swap Trick-Or-Treat Fest IV
Watch me copy/paste!
The SPEW Spooky Swap Trick-or-Treat Fest IV
Sign-ups run from now through August 11th. Assignments sent out August 12th.
Stories due October 28th. Stories posted beginning October 29th.
For those of you who have not participated in a SpookySwap before, and as a refresher for those who have, this story exchange is set apart by its Halloween theme, which all stories will reflect. The five trick-or-treat themes for SpookySwap stories are:
Ghost Stories - stories that involve with the paranormal, by way of Being (ghosts, poltergeists, other transient apparitions) or Situation (strange, unexplainable circumstances or phenomena).
Spooky Treat - Classic Halloween tone - fog, mist, graveyards, black cats, jack-o-lanterns. A bewitching atmosphere, but fairly light at heart.
Witching Hour - More ominous and/or sinister; stories with dark themes to accompany the dark tone.
Trickster's Prank - Halloween-themed humour.
Masquerade Ball - Stories about deceptions or façades.
Sign-up Guidelines / Rules
- Post your request in this thread by Wednesday, August 11th (11:59 PST).
- Requests should not contain anything inappropriate for MNFF.
- Requests should be somewhat flexible; please list at least two options for both Character/Pairing and Trick-Or-Treat Theme. (You may indicate a first-choice preference, but provide at least one other option).
- Do not request a fic if you are not absolutely sure you will be able to take the time to write one for someone else.
- I will send out assignments by Thursday, August 12th.
- Use this format for your request post:
Limitations: (On what you can write; limitations on ratings, and any of your character/pairing or genre blind-spots go here.)
Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: (please list 2-5).
- If there is any problem with your request post, I will PM you prior to the closing of the thread and ask that such problem be remedied. This is a rare occurence, but should someone happen to write out an entire plotline for a prompt, or provide limitations that states they won't write any pairing other than the ones they actively ship, they might have to make a change ;)
Submission Guidelines / Rules
- The story must be beta'd. There are no exceptions. Don't PM to ask if it's really mandatory; I'll say that it is.
- When writing your story, please consider rating and content (such as language, sexual situations, etc) with regards to the taste of your recipient.
- When submitting your story, please include this header:
<b>Warnings (if any):</b>
- If desired, please also include a note from you to your recipient.
- Stories should include all HTML tags [<i>italics</i>, <b>bold</b>, etc;]
- Stories should be PM'd or emailed to me [Jennifer/jenny b] by the due-date.
- If your story contains any words that may be editted by the forum censor, you must email it to me, or else make a very obvious note to me at the top of your PM, so that I can edit before posting.
- If you email it to me, please send it as an attachment. Do not put the text in the body of the e-mail. (If you need my e-mail address, just PM me.)
All stories due October 28th
How Shar sneaks in at the last possible moment...
Character/Pairing: I'm more of a fan of the plot woven around the character/pairing(and how well it fits), rather than the character chosen, to be very honest. I'd rather not that the person writing for me feel restricted by my choice of favourite characters; if you can find any character/pairing that inspires you to write good stuff, go for it. In case you're flailing, here are a few suggestions: Remus, Hermione, Draco, Tom Riddle, Sybil Trelawney, Bertha Jorkins, Neville.
Prompts: Choice. Decisions and their consequences. Determination and a never-say-die attitude.
Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out til too late that he's been playing with two queens all along. ~Terry Pratchet
Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten. ~Neil Gaiman
Everything has a meaning, if only we could read it. ~Phillip Pullman
Trick-or-Treat Theme: Any. :)
Limitations: I don't write good Snape, Luna, Fleur or Dumbledore. From experience, fluffy romance is a very weak point as well(which should be a moot point, but still.) I'm better at character-centric stories than pairing-centric ones(refer to above point on romance). I have never tried writing SSP yet, so that might not lead to desirable results.
Trick-Or-Treat Themes I'll Write: In the order of preference: Witching Hour, Masquerade Ball, Spooky Treat, Ghost Stories.