Welcome to MuggleNet's fan fiction section! Feel free to browse around and read the stories, but you will need to register for a free account if you want to comment on them or submit your own.
As you have probably noticed, the site is currently undergoing some changes. Our main software has been growing a bit creaky and is in need of some care. Just like the Burrow, our building blocks are a little off kilter so please bear with us whilst we bring the site back into working order.
Whilst we are working on recapturing our beautiful dragon and that signature MNFF look, we hope you enjoy this new responsive design that should be accessible on any platform or medium.
If you discover any bugs in the code, please do let us know on our forums, over on our Facebook page, or by contacting our coder on twitter @RoxyBlackMNFF
And don't forget our Beta Boards can be found, as always, just here.
The Fantastic Beasts Challenge
by the opaleye @ 04/28/16 4:58
The Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them trailer has sent the fandom abuzz, so let's write some fic! Take any of the trailers, teasers, posters or clips that have been released so far and use them to inspire a fic or poem. It's that simple. I've provided some prompts below but you don't need to use them if you think of something else which tickles your fancy.
It could be a specific scene, line or shot from the trailer, or it could just feature a fantastical beast even if it’s not shown in the trailer at all. You could write something about Newt himself, one of the new characters introduced, or Newt's son Rolf and daughter-in-law Luna! Really, the choice is yours.
Let’s just celebrate one of the many exciting things happening in our fandom right now.
The challenge will be open until May 31st, 11:59pm GMT.
Please post a link to your submissions in the comments below, or post in the challenge thread on our beta boards.
Prompt 1: May 2nd, 1998
Many creatures fought and died in the Battle of Hogwarts, either for or against our heroes. Make one of them the focus of your fic.
Prompt 2: Riddle Me This
"Cry, foe! Run amok! Fa awry! My wand won’t tolerate this nonsense."
On October 6th 2014, JKR posted the above cryptic message on Twitter. Unscramble that and you get, "Newt Scamander only meant to stay in New York for a few hours." Use this as the first line of your fic and take it from there.
Prompt 3: Niffler
Personally, I think the trailer's stand-out star is that adorable Niffler. That's it. That's the prompt: a Niffler.
Please post links to your submissions using the form below:
Title: (including link)
The Doomed Ship Valentine Ficathon
by @ 01/21/16 3:33
Communi Damnum by Nagini Riddle [Harry/Hermione]
The Marred Boy by Padfoot11333 [Remus/Sirius]
A Ship to Wreck by FloreatCastellum [Astoria/Padma]
The Crime is Never What You Steal by BrokenPromise [Albus/Gellert]
We Rise and We Fall by minnabird [Cedric/Oliver]
Carried In My Heart by Oregonian [Hannah/Ernie]
Not all ships were created equal. Some are just more doomed than others. We’re going to celebrate that.
In this activity you can give and fill prompts for various doomed ships. Rather than a challenge, it’s more of a celebration for those ships we have come to mourn.
First of all, what is a doomed ship?
Not all ships are doomed. A doomed ship can be one or more of the following:
1. One or both members of your ship died, disappeared, or left e.g. Remus/Tonks, James/Lily
2. One or both members of your ship were in another relationship at the end of the book or in post-book canon according to JKR e.g. Draco/Pansy, Dean/Luna, Katie/Angelina
3. The relationship is never resolved in canon e.g. Fred/Angelina, Albus/Gellert
4. Canon hates your ship (and wants it to die a death full of torture and/or emotional suffering) e.g. Harry/Hermione, Draco/Ginny, Tom/Minerva
There may be some crossover in the above categories e.g. Fred/Angelina is doomed because a) Fred dies, b) Angelina marries George according to post-book canon and c) their relationship was never resolved in canon. Basically, they’re really, really doomed.
So how is this going to work?
Go to this
thread to read the prompts and post your own. If you claim a prompt and write a fic, you can post the link to your fic in the comments below or in the Great Hall here.
Use the form below:
Title: (including link)
The Carol Challenge!
by the opaleye @ 11/24/15 23:40
First Place: Good King Ragnuk by Oregonian
Christmas is only a couple of weeks away and we are bringing the festive cheer to MNFF!
This month we are taking some classic (and modern) Christmas songs and giving them a Harry Potter twist. Below is a list of titles and you can choose one (or more) to base your poem on. We have a mix of popular Christmas carols, traditional hymns and more alternative songs. So look through them, pick one that tickles your fancy and go for it! You can go with the original music or just write a completely new poem to fit the title. The choice is yours. I have provided the original carol/song title in brackets. I'm sure there is something to suit everyone, and why not go wild and google some of the titles you're unfamiliar with?
Please do not use more than 4 consecutive words from the original song.
- Good King Ragnuk [Good King Wenceslas]
- A Winter’s Charm [A Winter’s Tale by David Essex]
- Yule Ball Alphabet [Christmas Alphabet by The McGuire Sisters]
- Dragonhide Boots [Boots by The Killers]
- I Heard The Nymphs On Christmas Day [I Heard The Bells on Christmas Day]
- Carol of the Elves [Carol of the Bells]
- Weasley Wonderland [Winter Wonderland]
- Red Ribbon Kneazles [Red Ribbon Foxes by A Fine Frenzy]
- The Seeker’s Carol [The Sussex Carol]
- Chestnuts Roasting on a Hogwarts Fire [The Christmas Song]
- The Holly and the Nargles [The Holly and the Ivy]
- Goodbye, Hogwarts (Covered in Snow) [Goodbye, England (Covered in Snow) by Laura Marling]
- Ted’s Carol [I’ll Be Home for Christmas]
- The Hogsmeade Wassail [The Gloucestershire Wassail]
- The Cherry-Wand Carol [The Cherry-Tree Carol]
- Hogwarts for the Holidays [(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays]
- Wizarding Winter Hymnal [White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes]
This challenge is open until January 5th, 11:59pm GMT.
For more information click here.
Please post a link to your entry in the comments below or the challenge thread in the Great Hall on the Beta Boards. Use the form below:
Chosen Title and link: